2 Job Positions at Urwego Bank PLC: (Deadline 20 July 2022)
AML Compliance Officer at Urwego Bank PLC: (Deadline 20 July 2022)
Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Compliance Officer
Urwego Bank Plc is dedicated to provide financial services to the people of Rwanda. Motivated by Jesus Christ’s call to serve those in need. Its mission is to achieve economic spiritual transformation in the lives of underserved, using financial services and tested trainings as we share Jesus Christ’s love. Urwego Bank wishes to recruit (1) qualified, competent, committed and proactive AML Compliance Officer to support the AML & CTF Program under Risk Management Department of Urwego bank Plc Head Office.
Job Title: AML Compliance Officer
Department: Risk Management
Reporting to: Compliance Manager
Directly supervises: None
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
The main obligation for an AML Compliance Officer is to implement an AML and CTF program, so that Urwego Bank is compliant with AML financial regulations;
An AML & CFT Officer will be responsible for conducting AML and Know Your Customer (KYC) reviews, risk assessment, investigations and relevant remediation in addition to Ad Hoc Projects;
Prepare “Suspicious Activity Reports” (SAR) and Cash Transaction Reports (CTR), conduct assessment and report to the relevant regulatory agencies e.g., Anti-Narcotic Unit (ANU) in Rwanda National Police, National Bank of Rwanda (BNR), Rwanda Investigation Bureau (RIB) and Rwanda Financial Investigation Unit (FIC); Again, implement FATCA requirements by monitoring and reporting account balances for USA Nations to FATCA.
Promote and fulfil Urwego Bank’s 3Ms as listed above while working within a Christ-centered environment that is mission-driven, community-oriented and results-driven.
Spiritual Integration and Christian Witness
- Ensure a personal, healthy spiritual balance within family, work, and church life through the adoption of biblical personal and spiritual disciplines; and
- Conduct daily work, make decisions, and help Urwego Bank make decisions in a way that witnesses to the presence, power, and love of Jesus and the reality of his Kingdom on earth.
- AML & CTF Job Requirements and Responsibilities include:
- Assist in the administration and review of Client Risk Scoring, Client Identification and KYC documentation oversight requirements. Conducting reviews of client documentation submitted by Business Units;
- Responsible for performing Know Your Customer (KYC), Customer Due Diligence (CDD) and Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD) for Politically Exposed Persons (PEPs) during onboarding of new customer and during periodic account reviews;
- Collect and analyze documents related to account opening requirements in order to identify control persons and underlying Beneficial Owners (BO).
- Work with Business Units (branch personnel) to resolve account opening issues, obtain necessary information during investigations and perform ongoing reviews of the KYC/customer. Follow up and track all documents required to satisfy new account requirements;
- Assist in KYC periodical reviews and refresh of current Client population as needed.
- Ensure that information obtained is consistent with the bank’s AML Policy and Procedures and satisfies regulatory requirements. Follow up and track all documents required to satisfy new account requirements;
- The identification of ML/TF risks associated with new products or services or arising from the operational changes, including the introduction of new technology and processes;
- Escalate high risk issues identified to Senior Management for decision making and approval process;
- Assist Management with inquiries from employees, business managers, internal and external auditors by providing information and guidance in a timely manner;
- Previous knowledge in conducting transaction monitoring reviews, deep investigations, and reporting Suspicious Activity related to ML & TF (SAR filings), including wires and other irregular activities;
- Support an annual review of the efficiency and effectiveness of the transaction monitoring process.
- Anti- money Laundering Compliance Officer (AMLCO) will maintain a file of all “Red Flags” identified. This file must be available for audit review.
- Maintain a file on all suspicious activity for a period of at least 10 years.
- Ensure the update of Specially Designated National (SDN) List and screening by relevant Units.
- All employees are aware of the AML/CTF measures, including policies, control mechanism and the channel of reporting;
- Internally generated suspicious transaction reports by the branch AML Compliance Officers are appropriately evaluated before submission to the FIC, BNR;
- Monitor Suspicious Transactions and Activities (STA) flagged by AML System, conduct comprehensive assessment before escalating to Senior management for decisioning and approval;
The Position Profile:
- University Degree in relevant field preferably in law
- 3-5 Years of experience performing the same duties/responsibilities in a financial institution;
- Experience with KYC and AML metrics reporting;
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) Certification
- Christ-centered character, passion to serve underserved communities of Rwanda;
- Candidate must have a very good understanding of AML, KYC, Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Office Foreign Asset Control (OFAC), and local regulatory AML regulations, directives and law with the ability to apply regulatory concepts in the day-to-day job functions.
- Must possess experience in conducting thorough research on higher risk customers, using systems and databases for investigative purposes with the ability to review high risk client activity and identify unusual patterns.
- Must possess exceptional research and analytical skills with the ability to analyze large amounts of data and interpret high risk attributes.
Personal skills and abilities
- Ability to consolidate, prepare and submit reports and correspondence on time,
- Ability to deliver business goals and own performance targets with minimum supervision,
- Ability to work as part of team to achieve departmental objectives,
- Must be a quick thinker and able to work occasionally for extended hours;
How to apply:
Please submit your complete application in a single file attachment on the following email UrwegoHR@urwegobank.com (please indicate in the subject – application for AML Compliance Officer)
- Motivation/application letter explaining your suitability for the position
- Curriculum vitae (CV) and notarized copies of academic documents.
- 3 referees that are not blood relatives with their full address/contact.
- Recommendation from your church leader – Pastor, issued within the 6 months period.
- Copy of your National ID.
- Statement of Faith.
- Criminal Record Form from Irembo
Deadline for Submission of application: 20th July 2022 at 5 PM
Only shortlisted Candidates shall be contacted for the interviews.
Urwego Bank PLC
Human Resources Manager (Re-advertised) at Urwego Bank PLC: (Deadline 20 July 2022)
Human Resources Manager (Re-advertised)
5th July 2022
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
Urwego Bank Plc is dedicated to providing financial services to the people of Rwanda. Motivated by Jesus Christ’s call to serve those in need. Its mission is to achieve economic and spiritual transformation in the lives of underserved, using financial services and tested trainings as we share Jesus Christ’s love. Urwego Bank wishes to recruit (1) qualified, competent, committed and proactive Human Resources (HR) Manager to oversee the Human Resources Department of Urwego bank Plc.
Job Title: HR Manager
Department: Corporate Services
Reporting to: Director of Corporate Services
Directly Supervises HR officers
The HR Manager provides overall leadership and direction to the Human Resources function and activities and ensures that these are effectively and efficiently managed to deliver high-quality HR support services, enabling the Bank to accomplish its mission.
To provide professional HR guidance and expertise to Management Team and Urwego in general and to ensure compliance with all internal controls and local employment and labor regulatory policies, procedures and practices.
- Promote and fulfill the mission of Urwego Bank.
- Set a precedent among the staff through personal example for healthy discipleship and Christian character.
- Develop and implement HR business plan, goals, and budget for HR functions and activities in-line with overall corporate objectives.
HR DEPARTMENT MANAGEMENT
- Manage the day-to-day HR functions and activities and resolve any arising conflicts.
- Implement clear HR organizational structure and job descriptions including roles and responsibilities.
- Evaluate, monitor, and control HR performance against agreed upon performance standards and take corrective action against significant deviations.
- Direct and lead HR support staff, including recruitment, development, and performance assessment.
- Encourage teamwork and the sharing of best practices amongst all HR staff.
- Liaise with the Staff Development manager to ensure that staff are adequately trained.
RECRUITMENT AND ONBOARDING.
- Ensure Urwego’s recruitment needs are met in a timely way.
- Develop and lead transparent, constructive, and effective recruitment processes that result in mission-aligned, motivated, and capable staff filling all open positions.
- Ensure effective onboarding of all new staff, including training in Urwego’s mission and culture as well as the competencies required to fulfil his/her role.
PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT AND EVALUATION
- Maintain a consistent fair and transparent performance management process that motivates high performers and removes low performing staff in a healthy fashion.
- Develop and implement an appropriate performance evaluation form and system.
- Assist Management Team in setting up of annual performance targets for all staff.
- Support Management in monitoring and controlling performance against agreed performance standards, in taking corrective action against significant deviations, and in recognizing and rewarding staff who meet or exceed performance standards.
- Administer annual and semi-annual performance review process, holding Management accountable for timely completion of requirements and collating, analyzing, and reporting results to Management, recommending follow-up actions where necessary.
- Assist Management to promote and increase the responsibilities of staff in-line with performance and potential.
- Assist Management to administer performance corrective actions and sanctions as necessary including probations, PIPs, warnings, confirmations, etc., tracking all such corrective actions to ensure compliance with Labor Laws and accountability for Management.
- Ensure Labor Laws are closely followed and all administrative procedures are followed when dismissing staff due to Gross Negligence, Fraud, or consistent Underperformance.
- Supervise HR administration functions including salary and benefits.
- Conduct cost/benefit analyses as-needed to assist Management in choosing the best option for benefits, types of contracts, etc.
- Monitor and report status of overall headcount budget and staff-related indirect and direct costs and take corrective action on negative variances including payroll, overtime, leave, pension, medical, relocation, and training/development.
- Monitor annual leave and ensure that staff take leave (and are able to take) the leave that is due to them.
- Facilitate and track all staff movement details such as new hires, transfers, contract renewals, resignations, dismissals, leave entitlements, etc.
- Administer Staff Loan program, ensuring all policies and procedures are adhered to and the Staff Loan portfolio has no PAR related to administrative gaps.
- Work with the executive team to establish strategies for effectively managing staff and keep them engaged and committed to achieving the mission of the Bank.
- Promote a spirit of ownership and belonging – family rather than a workplace environment.
- Encourage a flat rather than a vertical relational hierarchy with the Bank structures.
POLICY AND PROCEDURE MANAGEMENT
- Maintain up-to-date HR policy and procedure manuals and ensure full awareness of these documents by all staff.
- Ensure total compliance with local employment and labor laws, regulations in place, policies, procedures and practices.
STAKEHOLDER AND PARTNER RELATIONSHIPS
- Ensure that there is regular flow of communication with the Head of HR at HOPE International.
- Personal confession of Christian faith and commitment to the mission of Urwego Bank;
- Bachelor’s degree in Human resources management, business, economics and or related field;
- 5 or more years of experience in Human resource work, microfinance, international banking or financial services sector.
- 5 years of management / leadership experience;
- Strong organizational skills, including effective time management and prioritization of competing demands/multiple deadlines;
- Demonstrated analytical and strategic thinking skills;
- Excellent written, verbal and computer-based communication and presentation skills;
- Excellent cross-cultural listening, communication and leadership skills;
- Demonstrated capacity to motivate, develop and lead others in a diverse and geographically distributed context;
- Advanced computer skills; and
- Strong English and Kinyarwanda language skills.
- Achievement Orientation – Set and meet aggressive commitments for self and others. Overcomes obstacles and accepts responsibility.
- Customer Orientation – Embodies a strong customer orientation and seeks new and better ways to serve end clients.
- Good Communicator – Communicates well, both verbally and in writing. Effectively conveys and shares information with others. Presents ideas clearly and concisely.
- Interpersonal Skills – Maintains positive working relationships with individuals and teams at all levels of the organization.
- Leadership Skills – Creates a culture of continuous development where employees feel ownership in what they do and continually improve themselves and the business.
- Critical Judgment and Decision-Making – Define issues and focus on achieving workable solutions to obstacles. Make sensible decisions on the basis of analysis and experience.
- Commitment – Commitment to the mission, values and Christian motivation of the organization.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Please send your complete application in a single file attachment on the following email UrwegoHR@urwegobank.com (please indicate in the subject application, HR Manager Position)
- Motivation/application letter explaining your suitability for the HR Manager staff position
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- Notarized copies of academic documents.
- 2 referees that are not blood relatives with their full address/contact.
- Recommendation from your church leader – Pastor, issued within the 6 months period.
- Statement of Faith.
- Copy of your National ID.
- Criminal Record form from Irembo
Deadline for application: Friday 20th July 2022 before 5 PM
Only shortlisted Candidates shall be contacted for the test and interview.
Urwego Bank PLC