2 Job Positions of Midwife, Head of Department A0 at NYANZA DISTRICT HEALTH: (Deadline 4 August 2022)
1. Coordinate all nursing unit activities and records.
2. Ensure patients are cared for in a clean and safe environment taking remedial action if standards are not maintained.
3. Participate in all research activities in the department assigned to
4. Driving the infection prevention and control agenda and challenging poor practice.
5. Undertake root cause analysis and develop action plans, ensuring that this leads to change in practice.
6. Establish and maintain effective communication with patients, relatives and staff to contribute to the active resolution of potentially complex situations, conflicts and issues.
7. Share best practice and lead improvements in patient care through the Clinical Indicator in meetings.
8. Monitor and maintain excellent clinical standards within clinical teams, in conjunction with the Director of Nursing,.
9. Ensure that nursing/midwifery staff complies with policies and procedures.
10. Manages staff with direct responsibility for the continuous performance review/appraisal
11 Supervise the daily clinical and nursing care management of all patients in conjunction with the nurse manager.
12. Support the development and implementation of education and training programs within area of responsibility.
13. Work in collaboration with the human resource manager to monitor and regulate training and development of all staff to ensure that all staff receives CPD.
14. Perform other work-related duties as assigned
15. Submit monthly, quarterly and annually report to the supervisor”
- Bachelors Degree in Midwifery 0 Year of relevant experience
- Masters of Science in Midwifery MScM 0 Year of relevant experience
- Master’s degree in Midwifery 0 Year of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Midwifery Sciences 0 Year of relevant experience
Competency and Key Technical Skills
- Strong critical thinking skills and excellent problem solving skills.
- Client/citizen focus
- Commitment to continuous learning
- Communication skills
- Creativity and initiative skills
- Accountability AND RESPONSIBILITY of the legal obligations for midwifery practice
- Ability to maintain ethical midwifery practice
- Strategic leadership and orientation skills
- Ability to provide culturally appropriate care
- Ability to apply knowledge and skills in research in different health care settings
- Analytical, data interpretation and problem solving skills