Country Director at Rwanda Action: (Deadline 28 February 2023)
Position: Country Director
Hours: Approx. 40 hours per week
Location: Kamembe, Rusizi
Type of contract: Full-time employee
Length of contract: Permanent, inclusive of the initial probationary period
Salary: Base salary of 750k-1,000k RWF/month (Gross)
Expected start date: 01/04/2023
Summary of organisation: Rwanda Action is a registered INGO that operates in Rusizi and Namasheke Districts. The organisation carries out education, disability, agricultural and livelihood programmes to empower communities to reduce poverty in a sustainable way.
Summary of the role: The Country Director has overall responsibility for managing Rwanda Action’s operations and strategic planning in Rwanda. This role requires a strong leader with vision and the experience to develop the organisation and a strong team to take it forward. He/she will work closely with the Operations Director, CEO and the Deputy Manager.
Required skills and experience:
- Excellent leadership qualities and proven success
- Proven ability to manage at a strategic level
- Ability to develop a vision and an action plan for its delivery
- Experience in building and monitoring budgets
- Good working knowledge of Rwandan government structure and policies
- Experience in working with government authorities at all levels
- Experience in developing networks and multi-sectoral partnerships
- Proven success in team building and management
- Good understanding of non-governmental organisations
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Fluency (both oral and written) in Kinyarwanda and English are essentia
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Development of strategic plans and annual budgets in line with Rwanda Action’s vision, national and district development targets.
- Ensure all teams are working towards an organisational wide strategy.
- Work collaboratively to develop a deliverable action plan within agreed budgets.
- Ensure RA is correctly registered with government bodies and compliant with government policies and legislation.
- Liaise with Rwandan government bodies and other authorities.
- Ensure reports to government bodies and donors are produced accurately and on time.
- Analyse risk to individuals, property and the organisation and ensure all are well covered by insurance.
- Represent RA in the best interests of the organisation and its stakeholders across all sectors.
- Oversee the management of RA staff, facilities and centres.
- Develop a strong and engaged team through positive management.
- Ensure annual appraisals of all RA staff are done on time and intervene where necessary.
- Identify capacity gaps with staff and organise relevant training.
- Ensure staff recruitment and induction and also termination of employment contracts comply with Rwandan labour laws and RA’s human resources procedures. This includes liaison with Labour Inspectors.
- Ensure actuate and on time financial reporting.
- Ensure all expenditure follows agreed budgets.
- Ensure robust financial projections are in place and reviewed appropriately.
- Ensure functioning safeguarding policies and procedures are in place at all levels of the organisation and programmes.
- Ensure RA’s Safeguarding Policy and Procedures are followed at all times, including record keeping and reporting to RA Safeguarding Committee and external authorities and stakeholders.
- Ensure programmes and staff adhere and actively practice a standard of excellence in safeguarding.
- Ensure all Safeguarding and Health & Safety records are in good order and that concerns, or incidents have been reported and action taken, following RA’s policies and procedures.
- Identify fundraising opportunities and develop applications
- Ensure security of data and confidentiality in all matters
- Ensure all internal and external reporting (incl to donors) is on time and good quality
Rwanda Action is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualification, merit and business need. To apply for this role, please send a CV and cover letter in English to email@example.com