Vacancy announcement Digital Inclusion Advisor for The Cluster of Digital Transformation & Digital Economy of GIZ Rwanda – Kigali
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a federally owned international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations. GIZ has worked in Rwanda for over 30 years. The primary objectives between the Government of Rwanda and the Federal Republic of Germany are poverty reduction and promotion of sustainable development. To achieve these objectives, GIZ Rwanda is active in the sectors of Decentralization and Good Governance, Economic Development and Employment Promotion, Energy and ICT (Information and Communications Technology).
The Cluster Digital Transformation & Digital Economy is home to several GIZ projects, which supports the Rwandan government on the implementation of concrete activities all over the country. These projects include topics like promoting the development of digital solutions for the public sector, develop national strategies, Start-up ecosystem support, artificial intelligence as well as bbuilding digital skills and digital literacy for the economic and social development of Rwanda. The projects within the Digital Transformation Cluster are implemented under the guidance of the Ministry of ICT and Innovation (MINICT) and with other sector ministries, local and international private companies, research institutions and the civil society.
An essential part of the portfolio of the Cluster focuses on Digital Inclusion and Digital Skills Development. This is to make sure more vulnerable groups such as rural populations, women and people with disabilities can fully participate and benefit from the digital transformation (“Leave no one behind”). The development and implementation of concrete initiatives in several parts of Rwanda are in close collaboration between public and private stakeholders.
The Cluster Digital Transformation & Digital Economy Rwanda is currently looking for a Digital Inclusion Advisor, to support the existing teams to implement the training activities around the focus area of digital inclusion and to help develop target group specific training measures to strengthen digital skills, especially for women and people with disabilities.
The Digital Inclusion Advisor performs the following responsibilities and tasks:
- Support the conception, development and implementation of concrete activities on digital inclusion and digital skills development in the Cluster-mentioned
- Manage partnerships with the concerned public and private stakeholders enabling political steering in the implementation
- Represent the project in technical working groups with partners and other donors
- Manage contracts with consulting companies and implementing partners
- Manage technical events and networks and ensure internal knowledge management in the areas of responsibility
- Contribute to cross-cutting responsibilities such as monitoring & evaluation, communication, financial planning, reporting to BMZ and conceptualization of a follow up project
- Assuming responsibility for building close collaborations with other projects, e.g. regional or global.
- Work closely with MINICT, RISA and the municipal government partners implementing GIZ’s digital inclusion activities
- Participate in selection process of the content, features and technology to be used during project implementation.
- Facilitate communication/workshops with stakeholders and implementation team
- Assist and monitor different activities and ensure compliance with the design and scope
- Supervise resolution of issues around project implementation
C. Required Qualifications, Competences and Experience
- University degree either in a digital topic/computer science or with a focus on pedagogy, educational science, distance education/educational technology, education management or comparable degree
- Digital literacy and very good computer skills if graduated in the field of education or other Teaching/tutoring experience if graduated in a digital topic (e.g. computer science)
- Diplomatic talent and profound understanding of and experience with public sector organizations ideally demonstrated by work experience in Rwanda
- Demonstrated in-depth understanding of digital transformation as well as public sector innovation
- Excellent organizational, analytical, oral and written communications skills, with keen attention to interpersonal skills and effective, culturally sensitive communication
- Demonstrated experience working effectively with diverse teams
- Excellent English and Kinyarwanda is required; German skills preferred; French and other AU languages are an asset.
- Further qualification or training in project management and/or agile methods
- At least 4 years’ professional experience after graduating
- Experience in the moderation of workshops
- At least 2 years of experience in consulting, ideally in accompanying development or change processes
- Experience in projects of development cooperation or international cooperation, preferably with GIZ
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Know-how on social media and/or communication with digital media
- Experience with learning management and/or content management systems
- Experience in working with the tech start-up scene
- Experience with blended-learning models
- Know-how about web platforms, mobile applications, working with data
Interested candidates should submit their application (motivation letter, updated CV, certificates and references; until 30th November 2022 at 4:00 PM, by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. The email attachment (max. size 2 MB) should be a PDF file. Please quote the job title in the subject
GIZ is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to the full inclusion of all qualified candidates. This includes the provision of reasonable accommodation, if needed, in order to participate in the job application and interview process and to perform essential job functions. Please let us know, if you have any particular requirements should you be invited for assessment/interview or that you wish us to consider, when considering your application.
Women and persons with disabilities are particularly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for test and interview.
GIZ Office Rwanda
KN 41 St. / Nr.17, Kiyovu
P.O. Box 59, Kigali,
GIZ office Rwanda reserves all rights!!