Accountant at Rwanda Women’s Network (RWN) :Deadline :20-01-2023
RWANDA WOMEN COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT NETWORK
POSITION TITLE: Accountant
REPORTS TO: Health Center Manager
LOCATION: RWN Head Office
Rwanda Women’s Network (RWN) is a Non-Governmental Organization that came into existence in 1997 dedicated to promoting and strengthening strategies that empower women.
RWN’s mission is to work towards the improvement of the socio-economic welfare of women in Rwanda through enhancing their efforts to meet their basic needs and this is done through five core programs i.e. Health care and support, education and knowledge sharing; socio-economic empowerment; GBV Prevention and Response and governance and leadership.
RWN offers 20 years of community-based experience in women and girl’s empowerment programming including health, gender-based violence (GBV) and economic strengthening. RWN has strong experience recruiting and managing community volunteers who support its programming outcomes at community and village level.
The Accountant will provides financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data; preparing reports.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Compile and analyse financial information to prepare financial statements including monthly and annual accounts and ensure compliance with financial rules and regulations;
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures;
- Review entries and corrects errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents and reports;
- Determines proper handling of financial transactions and approves transactions with in designated limits;
- Ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and annually according to procedures;
- Adhere to internal and external reporting deadlines;
- Be responsible for tax obligations;
- Review of accounts payables and weekly check runs;
- Monitor compliance with financial rules and regulations institutional procedures;
- Daily and monthly report and reconciliations;
- Reports, analyses and ensure integrity of all financial information;
- Contribute to the health center environmental hygiene;
- Participating in quality assurance and quality improvement of the health center;
- Submit monthly, quarterly and annually report to the supervisor;
- Perform any other duties as assigned by line Manager;
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of various financial Software used in Health Institutions of Rwanda
- Planning and organizational skills;
- Communication skills;
- Strong IT skills, particularly in Financial software (SMART IFMIS & Quickbooks);
- Judgment & Decision Making Skills;
- Interpersonal skills;
- Time management Skills;
- Fluent in Kinyarwanda, English and/ or French; knowledge of all is an advantage
All interested candidates are invited to submit their application including CV and a motivation letter to the Director of Rwanda Women’s Network by email to: email@example.com . Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline for applications is 20th January 2023 at 5.00 pm.
EXERCISE ABOUT TRAFFIC ROADThis quiz no longer exists