THE Administrative Assistant at Mennonite Central Committee (MCC): ( Deadline 20 December 2022)
Job title: Administrative Assistant
MCC Office: Southern, Central Africa and Nigeria (SCAN) Regional Office
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Supervisor: SCAN Area Directors
Mennonite Central Committee (MCC) is a worldwide ministry of Anabaptist churches. MCC is a global, nonprofit organization that strives to share God’s love and compassion for all through relief, development, and peace. In all our programs we are committed to relationships with our local partners and churches. As an Anabaptist organization, we strive to live in right relationship with all.
The Admin Assistant organizes and coordinates administrative duties and office procedures. His/her role is to create and maintain a pleasant work environment, ensuring high levels of organizational effectiveness, communication, and safety.
- Oversee guest experience and ensure a personal, friendly experience for anyone coming into the office, and maintain complete accessibility in both availability and warmth of character.
- Ensure the office is tidy, presentable and the safety and security of the office is maintained with all necessary supplies (e.g., stationery, kitchen supplies and toiletries);
- Procurement of office equipment, furniture and stationery and supplies.
- Receive, sort, and distribute daily mail/deliveries.
- Coordinate internal and external resources and cultivate relationships with key stakeholders.
- Oversee office interactions, responding to requests and questions.
- Provide translations to and from French (both written and oral) as needed, for both the regional office and MCC global.
- Oversee the day-to-day activities of the office as the main point of contact, keeping ADs informed of performance with routine and requested reporting.
- Provide direct administrative support to ADs as needed, including the scheduling of appointments, and booking of travel.
- Produce reports and compose correspondences both in French and English.
- Edit presentations and other management-level reports, as requested by the ADs.
- Coordinate appointments, meetings, and events, manage staff calendars and schedules, maintain filing system, etc
- Maintain financial records for the South Africa ADs office, monthly expense reports, monthly financial report for SA ADs office and data entry using FASWin.
- Manage the administrative functions related to the SCAN ADs office: word processing, filling, record keeping, expense claims and preparing reports and helping with presentations.
- Act as back up for Regional Finance Coordinator when she is on leave
- Coordinate YAMEN re-entry orientation
- Support the ADs with the hosting and logistics for Rep meetings and regional gatherings, either virtually or in person.
- Plan and organize annual staff retreat and other gatherings hosted by the SCAN office
- Note-taking during meetings, as requested.
- Assist ADs with school transport, especially when important meetings are scheduled during pick up/ drop off times.
- Provide logistical support, including pick up and drop off for MCC staff and visitors.
- Ensure the office vehicle maintenance safety making sure that they are always clean and serviced on time and report to Area directors any mechanical issue as soon as possible
- Any other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, skills/abilities, and personal qualities:
- University degree in Administration or Communication with at least 2 years of experience in the INGO sector
- Exhibit a commitment to a personal Christian faith and discipleship; active church membership; and nonviolent peacemaking
- Fluent in both verbal and written French and English communication skills, including the ability to translate documents and interpret between these two languages
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Confident and efficient in dealing with international staff, country offices and other stakeholders
- Highly organized and proficient in computer based narrative documentation, data entry, filing, and spreadsheets
- Demonstrated initiative with the ability to work independently and to deal with situations and issues persistently and pro-actively
- Ability to deal with confidential information in an appropriate and professional manner
- Flexible, willing to learn and able to accept feedback
- Willing and available for overtime work, particularly before and during meetings
- Previous cross-cultural experience and understanding is preferred
- Holding a Driving License Cat B would be an advantage
Would you like to join us?
Interested candidates should submit their curriculum vitae and academic records with a cover letter explaining why they are interested in the position, highlighting the personal attributes which make them suited for this role.
Applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org and fill This form by December 20th 2022 indicating SCAN Administrative Assistant in the title. Please note that only applications submitted to this email address will be considered.
Responses will only be provided to shortlisted candidates. If you do not hear from MCC by 31st Jan 2023, consider your application unsuccessful.