Finance and Administration Officer
Since Kepler’s launch in 2013, we are building a model of accessible and quality higher education. We provide a different kind of education – one that combines in-person, online and on-the-job learning in service of a singular goal: decent jobs for young Africans. And we have been successful, with more than 90% of scholars employed within six months of graduating. Kepler, through a partnership with Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU), has enrolled more than 1,000 students across our campuses (Kigali and the Kiziba refugee camp in Western Rwanda).
We are registered 501(c)(3) organisation in the US. We have operations in Rwanda and Ethiopia.
We have entered into a dynamic and challenging time at Kepler. Over the last few 6 months, Kepler has been locally accredited in Rwanda through Kepler College and we are expanding our academic offerings and programs in Rwanda and Ethiopia.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Finance and Administration Officer will report to the Vice President of Finance & Partnership, she or he will manage the day-to-day implementation of finance activities for the US entity and oversee the Global Operations. The Finance and Administration Officer will review all Kepler financial transactions detailed below in the US and work closely with the finance team in Rwanda, Ethiopia and other countries. This position will be based in Kigali, Rwanda.
Banking, Finance, and Payroll:
- Oversee the preparation and planning of budgets.
- Manage financial schedules of all assets
- Manage payroll, vendor payments and all other inter country financial transfers.
- Maintain records and receipts for all daily transactions.
- Ensure financial records are kept up-to-date with the latest transactions and changes.
- Manage the preparation and reporting of all financial statements, invoices, and all other proposals as needed.
- Perform periodic financial analysis to detect and resolve problems.
- Work closely with the team in Rwanda to assess and address potential issues during first year.
- Will be responsible for Audits in subsequent years
Grants & Donor Reporting
- Maintain the overall approach, system and processes for KEPLER’s reporting to donors and partners.
- Maintain a matrix of clear roles and responsibilities for all individuals involved in the Financial donor reporting process.
- Maintain an up-to-date grants database and ensure all project grant documentation is up-to-date and complete (including enforcing appropriate filing requirements for all grant documents)
- Strengthen adherence to Administration with contracts and donor requirements by providing staff with the required technical support, guidance and training to ensure all projects comply with donor expectations.
- Payment of cheques and other bills for Kepler NGO Rwanda
- Filing of returns as necessary
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, public administration, or related field
- Three (3) years of professional performance auditing, analytical or similar work experience
- Working towards designation such as CPA, ACCA, ACA
Preferred Start Date: November 2022
Job Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Kepler values diversity as the paramount aspect of growth and provides equal opportunities. Therefore, it does not discriminate against employees based on gender, race, religion, physical abilities, social status, beliefs, and cultural values.
All qualified candidates should submit their applications by using the” Apply for this job” button below by the 22nd of October 2022.