Finance Officer at FXB Rwanda: (Deadline 20 October 2022)
FXB Rwanda is a Rwandan Local Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) created in February 2012. It is affiliated to FXB International; an international NGO created in 1989, whose mission is to fight poverty and HIV/AIDS. FXB Rwanda is currently seeking to recruit the Finance Officer for Sugira Muryango program.
Position title: Finance Officer
Reports to: Finance & Operations Director
Location: Kigali office
Period: One year renewable based on performance
The Finance Officer is responsible for the preparation and monitoring the project budget, financial reporting, manage financial systems, manage and review program payroll, check compliance with organizational and donors rules and regulations; supervise the work of accountants.
- Provide financial oversight, including the maintenance and monitoring of the project budget, tracking the project expenditures and projections;
- In consultation with senior management team prepare the Program’s annual budget,
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports as may be required by various donors within the stipulated deadlines;
- Prepare quarterly financial reports and present them to the senior managers;
- Manage financial systems, files, and maintain the accounting system of the Sugira Muryango program;
- Manage and review the payroll and accountabilities from field activities in accordance with the organization’s finance and accounting policies and procedures and donor’s rules and regulations;
- Verify whether all the support documents are accurate, complete and have followed the laid down procedures;
- Check compliance with procurement procedures;
- Ensure compliance with donors’ requirements;
- Review monthly bank reconciliation statements;
- Provide technical support to district offices to ensure smooth financial management of field offices and program activities;
- Train and Supervise the work of accountant and other program staff;
- Participate in meetings and other events organized by donors and other stakeholders related to finance;
- Prepare the annual financial statements for audit and manage project audits and provide the required information during the audit;
- Provide oversight over human resource management, payroll management and administration;
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field, professional qualification desirable,
- At least 2 years of experience in a similar position,
- Knowledge of QuickBooks Accounting software is an added advantage,
- Have experience in and be familiar working with multi donors,
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English or French and Kinyarwanda;
Interested candidates with required skills and competences are requested to submit their applications addressed to FXB Rwanda Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. The applications include motivation letter, CVs, and well completed FXB application form (found here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/68hw76cw49ch06q/Job_Application_Form_-__FXB.pdf ). The applications will be accepted no later than Thursday, October 20, 2022 at 5:00P.M. (Local time). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for exams.