THE SRHR Community Mobilization Officer – Nyaruguru District at AJPRODHO-JIJUKIRWA: (Deadline 4 November 2022)
Job Title: SRHR Community Mobilization Officer – Nyaruguru District
AJPRODHO-JIJUKIRWA is implementing the Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights of Girls and Young Women in partnership with PLAN INTERNATIONAL RWANDA. This project will be implemented in 2 districts of Nyamagabe and Gatsibo districts. Overall, the SRHR Community Mobilization Officer will be responsible for; Supporting access to SRHR information to adolescents and young people to increase their knowledge, attitudes and skills on SRHR including body development, pregnancy, sexuality, relationships, harmful practices and other forms of GBV; Supporting family and community dialogue on SRHR, harmful practices, sexual violence and intimate partner violence and positive masculinities related to SRHR; Supporting the development and implementation of CSE in schools / alternative learning spaces, including technical support to teachers/service providers/ facilitators; Supporting the development and implementation of CSE in schools / alternative learning spaces, including technical support to teachers /service providers/ facilitators
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Organizing girls inspiration talks where girls’ confidence and decision making skills about their bodies and sexuality are built using testimonies from their peers and role model women including successful entrepreneurs
- Conducting SBCC through inter-schools /community activities ”sports for change” to increase knowledge, attitudes and skills of adolescents and young people on SRHR and promote gender equality
- Initiating a parents coaching program in particular males to increase their engagement and take the lead in tackling and responding to SRHR issues of and youth in their families, e.g. Advising their daughters on SRHR in the absence of their mothers
- Support schools to facilitate parents and children Communication (PAC) sessions using for improved family conversation around SRHR topics
- Provide CSE learning materials in the community and schools;
- Facilitate teacher learning reflection circles around CSE topics and distribute CSE Learning materials to target schools;
- Train service providers/ASRH focal points at health centres on CSE in the district;
- Maintain a good record keeping system and undertake continuous monitoring and regular evaluation of the project activities. – Represent AJPRODHOs in the District, education, Health and social protection teams and other actors to ensure all program activities are carried out with their collaboration;
- Collaborate with the district to identify and roll out a communication strategy for the program including the printing and distribution of IEC materials focusing on SRHR information; support the district to conduct health promotion outreach Camps and sensitization activities to promote uptake of SRHR services using messages approved by the Ministry of Health (MoH).
- Plan and coordinate trainings for structures; Peer educators and leaders on SRH and support the respective meetings, where possible.
Communication and Reporting – Submit reports regularly as required, information to the Project Manager on project related activities; Submit weekly, monthly and Quarterly activity reports to the Project Manager; Maintain proper records for all correspondences of the project; Responsible for sharing minutes for all relevant official meetings held in the field.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Budgeting – Provide regular feedback to the Project Manager on project implementation; Assist in the preparation of the donor reports and project reports; Participate in the development of project work plans and reviewing them monthly with the Project Manager; Ensure and maintain accurate use of budget lines according to donor regulations; Perform other relevant duties as assigned (of a similar nature or related and in the interest of the organization).
- University degree or Diploma in public health, education, community development and other related health or social sciences; Higher Diploma in Nursing, Midwifery, relevant certificates in Health and related trainings are an added advantage;
- 3 years minimum experience in SRHR programming / implementation a reputable organization; hands-on experience in community mobilization, especially working with youth, schools, families and local authorities, working experience in Primary Health Care settings.
- Working with district health teams, health facility staff and community-based groups such – Previous work with an NGO in similar programs
- Strong communication skills (writing, reporting, meeting/ facilitation) communications in Fluency in written and spoken English and Kinyarwanda languages
- Solid Understanding Gender & GBV concepts and Issues;
- Good experience in monitoring and evaluation of programs across different districts Good report writing skills; A good command of both written and spoken English. Knowledge of the Kinyarwanda is necessary Relating and working well with people of different cultures, gender and backgrounds. – Strong and fast computer skills (primarily Word, Excel, and Power Point and outlook)
- Suitable candidates are invited to submit their Motivation letter, Resume, work and academic testimonials to AJPRODHO – JIJUKIRWA not later than 4th November 2022, addressed to the Chairperson of AJPRODHO-JIUKIRWA physically at our head office on KG42, Kimironko Sector behind 4 Square Church and Bloom Back Hotel or electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org
AJPRODHO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or any other characteristic.
Chairperson, Board of Directors AJPRODHO – JIJUKIRWA
October 31st 2022