2 Job Positions of Field Officers at Health Poverty Action: (Deadline 14 October 2022)
Health Poverty Action, known as Health Unlimited prior to 2010, is an International NGO founded in the UK in 1984
HPA has been working in Rwanda since 1998, implemented various projects focusing on community health education through radio, EC-funded SRH and poverty reduction programme, Girls’ Education Challenge, youth employment, youth sexual and reproductive health including sexual violence (Irish Aid), WASH (water and sanitation) project, reproductive health behavior change communications and recently the GBV prevention and response project,
The Gender-Based Violence Survivor’s Economic Empowerment Project will provide 3,150 GBV survivors with employability skills and placement across Five districts countrywide. HPA will use a series of inclusive innovations that will invite more GBV survivors to participate in Rwanda’s historic transformation, including women,men, and youth, HPA will offer multiple program pathways including Work Ready Now and your Own Boss, employment preparation; andcontinuation onto additional Job placement in different tea estates of Western Province.
Health Poverty Action is currently looking for experienced (2) Field Officers and one Finance Assistant to support the existing staff during the project implementation:
Reporting to: Project Manager
Duration: 1 year renewable;
Location: Rutsiro, Nyamasheke, Rusizi, or Karongi districts
Field officers based in the tea estates will primarily be responsible for the project’s implementation with the beneficiaries, which will include liaising with the tea estate staff and structures. They will support the training and activities to be implemented successfully. They will also be responsible for organizing quarterly sector meetings between the project stakeholders. They will each dedicate 100% of their work to the project.
Duties and Responsibilities (these duties are a general summary and not all-inclusive):
- Develop as well as maintain a constructive, positive relationship with beneficiaries while assisting them in Work Ready Now and Be Your Boss training, providing guidance and support through daily interaction, and promoting the project beneficiaries’ Personal Development Plan (PDP).
- Collaborate, supervise and/or participate with project beneficiaries in various activities, such as GBV victims’Accompaniment Groups and SILC groups.
- Supervise the implementation of the project to achieve the anticipated results;
- Ensure that all project components are implemented according to the project plans to meet all goals and objectives.
- Conduct regularfield visits, and produce monthly, quarterly and annual reports about the project activities;
- Keep good communications between the project leaders and partners;
- Working closely with tea estate to place into jobs the project beneficiaries
- Work closely with M&E to ensure timely data collection, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting;
- Ensuring that any success stories are properly recorded;
- Ensuring that lessons learned are documented and disseminated for the project visibility
- Carry out training sessions on Gender Violence
- Documenting the training workshop and preparing a detailed report of each training including the list of participants and changes in learning outcomes
Required Qualifications and skills for field officers:
- Bachelor’s or degree in Social Sciences, social work, Development Studies, Management, or others related with at least 3 years of experience;
- Extensive project field skills and experience in GBV prevention and response as well as job creation;
- Proven experience as a field officer or relevant similar position
- Capacity to use of MS word, excel, and PowerPoint;
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills;
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English, Kinyarwanda;
- Capable to work under pressure.
Interested Candidates should send a CV, 2 references, a letter of motivation, and a copy of the degree(s)/Certificate(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for submission of applications is 14th of October,4:30 pm Kigali time. Late applications will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Done at Kigali, on 06thOctober 2022
By Maurice Nizeyimana
HPA Country Director