100 Job Positions of Field Officers at IPA Rwanda: (Deadline 23 September 2022)
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA)
Field Officers, Rwanda
- Location: Kigali, Rwanda
- Deadline to apply: 5 PM 20th May 2022, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis
- Length of Commitment: Based on survey plan
- Desired start date: TBD
- Reports to: Field Managers/Senior Field Managers
Application materials: All applicants must complete and submit their resume and cover letter to the address indicated below.
Innovations for Poverty Action was established in Rwanda in 2013 and has 10 active projects spanning across Education, Agriculture, Finance and Health. With 15 full time staff, a network of part-time field numerators of over 300, IPA Rwanda predominantly implements Randomized Control Trails in collaboration with leading Rwandan and international academics, the Government of Rwanda and other development NGOs to evaluate the impact of new development concepts to help inform future government policy and development projects.
Project and position summary:
The Field Officer provides an excellent opportunity to gain hands‐on experience in a field setting with a vibrant organization undertaking cutting‐edge development research. The Field Officer will play a critical role in planning and carrying out data collection.
The Field Officer will work closely with the research staff and field staff to perform a variety of tasks including, but not limited to:
- Conduct interviews to research participants in the field.
- Adhere to all IPA survey and data protocols.
- Perform other duties related to the project that may be assigned to him/her, such as, but not limited to, testing the questionnaire and make arrangements for his/her interviews.
- Conduct the phone call surveys if required
- Be responsible for maintaining good relations with IPA, its employees, partner organizations and project participants.
- Keep track of expenses.
- Transmit data collected to her/his supervisor on a daily basis;
Qualifications and Experience:
The applicant must have a bachelor’s degree in any of the following fields:
Agriculture/agribusiness/agricultural economics, Economics, Environmental studies, Statistics, Management, Finance, Health, Accounting, Software engineering, Education, Psychology, Sociology, IT and other related fields with the background in data collection engagements
- Must have practical knowledge of MS Office; should be familiar with computer assisted interviews and have the ability to use electronic devices, i.e. tablets or smartphones;
- In addition to English, written and spoken fluency in Kinyarwanda is essential.
- Extensive knowledge of quantitative data collection; a passion for learning best practices and innovations is desired.
- Having worked with IPA in the past is an added advantage.
Interested applicants meeting the requirements should fill an online application form and attach their Cover Letter, CV and Degree(s) through the following link: https://poverty-action.formstack.com/forms/iparwanda_field_officer_job_application
APPLICATIONS CLOSE AT 5 PM RWANDA TIME ON 23rd September 2022 LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. DUE TO THE LARGE VOLUME OF APPLICATIONS, ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.