Chief of Party, Rwanda Health Systems Strengthening (HSS NEXT) Activity at Chemonics International Inc.: (Deadline 1 February 2023)
Chief of Party, Rwanda Health Systems Strengthening (HSS NEXT) Activity
Chemonics International Inc. is a US-based international development consulting company that operates in over 80 countries and is dedicated to helping people live healthier, more productive, and more independent lives. This requisition is for a live USAID funded project in Rwanda, USAID/ Rwanda Health Systems Strengthening (HSS NEXT) Activity
Chemonics seeks a Chief of Party (COP) for live 5-year USAID/ Rwanda Health Systems Strengthening (HSS NEXT) Activity. The $24.99 million activity is to improve the resilience of the Rwandan health system and optimize resources to sustain quality services and equitable health outcomes for all Rwandans. The specific objectives of the HSS Next Activity include (1) Health financing optimized to enable equitable access to high quality health services without financial hardship; (2) Leadership, management, and governance strengthened at all levels to improve quality and efficiency; and (3) Health workforce management strengthened to improve quality of health services.
The COP will be accountable technical leadership, administrative oversight, and overall
coordination of the activity. They will serve as principal institutional liaison with USAID and key
stakeholders. They will manage staff and ensure HSS Next meets stated goals and reporting requirements, as well as ensure the quality, timeliness, and efficiency of all products and activities generated under HSS Next.
The Chief of Party will be a national or international-level expert in policy related to health systems, with
verifiable experience managing comparable health programs. In addition, they will have demonstrated
ability to establish and sustain professional relationships with host country government counterparts, and
have excellent written and oral communication skills in English. The position is expected to be based full-time in Kigali, Rwanda, and is contingent upon cooperative agreement award. We are seeking individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide overall technical leadership and management of a multi-disciplinary team; oversee and participate in strategic planning; supervise execution of annual workplans and Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning.
- Serve as Chemonics’ principal liaison with USAID/Rwanda, Rwandan government representatives, other implementing partners, and other key stakeholders including partners, public and private sector organizations, service providers, and beneficiaries to ensure the activity is meeting its objectives as well as cultivate meaningful and strong relationships with USAID/Rwanda.
- Ensure the highest workforce development and health systems strengthening technical standards of performance.
- Supervise technical and administrative staff, ensure staff are effectively and efficiently managing project activities and operations, and maintain sound program HR and financial management.
- Coordinate with Chemonics Corporate Office and USAID counterparts to ensure a high standard of compliance with Chemonics, Host Country, and USAID regulations and requirements.
- Continuously assess and evaluate activity outcomes, ensuring learning is continuously incorporated into implementation, making course corrections as appropriate. Maintain a high standard of reporting to USAID.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in international development, public health, finance, health systems strengthening, workforce development, supply chain or a closely related field. Advanced degree in these areas preferred.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of professional experience in an international development setting, ideally in project implementation sponsored by USAID or other international donors.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience as chief of party or other leadership position of donor-funded programs, managing complex activities that involve coordination with multiple project stakeholders.
- Previous experience working in Rwanda, East Africa or countries implementing health systems strengthening.
- Strong understanding of successful approaches to building the resilience of the Rwandan health system and optimize resources to sustain quality services and equitable health outcomes
- Strong ability to maintain partnership with the Government of Rwanda (GOR) to strengthen the capacity of host-country institutions and local organizations to improve equitable access and utilization of high-quality, evidence-based, and respectful public health services
- Proven ability to build and maintain a strong, diverse, inclusive, cohesive team where all team members are empowered and supported, including stakeholders and partners.
- Demonstrated commitment to ethical and transparent practices and commitment to staff care.
- Strong interpersonal, representation and oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English required.
Please apply by using this link. Applications must be submitted by close of business Eastern Time (ET) on February 1, 2023. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.