About The Digital Factory
The Bank of Kigali Digital Factory (BKDF) was launched in 2019 as the centre of facilitating the bank’s digital transformation journey. The Digital Factory is a well-established innovation department that aims to transform the way banking technology is delivered, by re-imagining and delivering a new digital customer experience. We are passionate about this digital transformation for our customers and their experience.
Do you want to help us redefine the way people bank? We’re looking for energetic innovators and leaders who are flexible, curious, versatile, responsive and are ready to roll up their sleeves in a collaborative and productive environment. By joining our team, you will make a positive impact on our customers and the banking industry.
About the Job
DevOps in BKDF is the approach that enables faster development of applications and easier maintenance of existing deployments. By enabling stronger bonds between Dev, Ops and other stakeholders in the BK, DevOps promotes shorter, more controllable iterations through the adoption of best practices, automation and new tools. DevOps covers everything from the organisation to culture, processes and tooling. You need to be agile enough to wear a technical hat and manage operations simultaneously.
- An experienced Linux based infrastructure engineer
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Able to anticipate needs and solve problems proactively
- Proficient in & have a broad understanding of DevOps and Agile
- Strong analytically with attention to detail
- Excellent at troubleshooting
- Comfortable working under tight deadlines
- Implementing various development, testing, automation tools, and IT infrastructure
- Planning the project structure, activities, and involvement in project management activities.
- Setting up tools and required infrastructure (container orchestration, Firewalls, etc.…)
- Defining and setting development, test, release, update, and support processes for different teams
- Ability to review, verify, and validate the software code developed in the project.
- Troubleshooting techniques and raise the code bugs to be fixed by development team
- Monitoring the processes during the entire lifecycle for its adherence and updating or creating new processes for improvement and minimizing the wastage
- Encouraging and building automated processes wherever possible
- Identifying and deploying cybersecurity measures by continuously performing vulnerability assessment and risk management
- Incidence management and root cause analysis
- Selecting and deploying appropriate CI/CD tools
- Striving for continuous improvement and build continuous integration, continuous development, and constant deployment pipeline (CI/CD Pipeline)
- Mentoring and guiding the development team members
- Managing periodic reporting on the progress to the management and the customer
Experience & Qualifications
- BSc in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering or a related course
- Msc in related course is an added advantage
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role
- Advanced proficiency in Linux Based security and networking such as routing, firewall, Dockerization, etc.
- Advanced proficiency in databases such as PostgreSQL, Mongo, MSSQL
- Experience working with various tools, open-source technologies, and cloud services
- Awareness of critical concepts in DevOps and Agile principles
- Advanced proficiency in Kubernetes and / or other container orchestration
- Working in an inclusive and collaborative environment that highlights creativity, encourages curiosity and celebrates success
- Tools and technology provided to create meaningful customer experiences
- We hire you for your skills – not for just a job; you can grow with us. You will not only be prepared for success in your role, but also for a successful career
- Flexible work culture that allows a healthy work / life balance
- Online and in person learning & development opportunities to enhance or learn new skills
- Work with and learn from / with a Rockstar DF team
To submit an application, send us an email with your CV, portfolio link(s), and/or cover letter to email@example.com. For ease of identification, use the following template for your email header.
“Application for [ROLE] Q4 2022, [FIRSTNAME] [LASTNAME]”
For example, if your name is Katya Niyambo and you apply for the role of Mobile Developer, your email header should read:
Application for Full Stack Developer Q4 2022, Katya Niyambo
Submissions will be considered through February 11th, 2023. Kindly share your application before then.