Driver at Education Development Center (EDC): (Deadline 20 October 2023)
Education Development Center (EDC) is a global nonprofit that advances lasting solutions to improve education, promote health, and expand economic opportunity, with a focus on vulnerable and under-served populations. Since 1958, we have been a leader in designing, implementing, and evaluating powerful and innovative programs in more than 80 countries around the world.
EDC promotes equity and access to high quality education and health services and products that contribute to thriving communities where people from diverse backgrounds learn, live, and work together. We support an inclusive workplace culture that embraces many perspectives and broadens our understanding of the communities we serve, enhancing and enriching our work.
EDC is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
The primary purpose of the 3-year, USAID-funded Ibitabo Hose Kubana Bose (IHKB) Project is to strengthen the market system for teaching and learning materials and increase the quantity, quality, affordability, and accessibility of books and other reading materials (physical and digital) in schools, homes, and communities, contributing to improved reading outcomes.
Strong candidate identified for this position.
The USAID Ibitabo Kuri Twese Drivers will be supervised by the HR and Operations Specialist and will provide targeted support as follows:
The specific responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Safely Drive the Project Vehicle for the transportation of EDC Rwanda staff and other authorized personnel.
- Maintain a clean and Organized vehicle and ensure it is properly equipped with emergency tools and Equipment.
- Follow all the Traffic laws and regulations, including respecting the speed limit.
- Plan efficient routes to ensure timely arrival
- Ensure passengers have their seat belt on before any trip.
- Ensure the vehicle logbook is up to date.
- Ensure all the assignments and Trips are Authorized
- Comply with EDC Vehicle Safety and security Protocols
- Coordinate with the direct supervisor to schedule regular servicing and repair
- Conduct routine daily vehicle inspections, Including checking oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, before any trip.
- Report any incidents or accidents immediately to the supervisor and follow the organization’s reporting procedures.
- Ensure all the necessary documentation is in order before undertaking any trip.
- Any other task as assigned by the supervisor.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Valid Driving License B
- At least 3-5 years of proven experience working on donor-funded projects, Preferably USAID.
- Knowledge of local traffic laws and regulations
- Basic Knowledge of Vehicle Maintenance
- Able to communicate in English or French and Kinyarwanda
- Can work overtime and under pressure.
Please Note: Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Job closing date: October 20, 2023
EDC is committed to enhancing the diversity of its workforce and ensuring an equitable and highly inclusive work environment. EDC is a smoke-free workplace and offers a supportive work environment, competitive salary, and excellent benefits. Women are encouraged to apply.