DUHAMIC-ADRI in partnership with CARE international in Rwanda secured fund from Mastercard Foundation to implement the 5 years’ project namely “Supporting and Enhancing Resilient and Viable Employment Opportunities (SERVE)’’. The project aims to build a resilient, sustainable, and inclusive entrepreneurial environment that increases work opportunities in agricultural value chains in 10 districts across Rwanda (Rulindo, Gakenke, Nyabihu, Rubavu, Nyamagabe, Huye, Rwamagana, Ngoma, Kirehe and Kayonza). The project activities will be implemented by a team of staff that will provide technical, analytical, management, and interpersonal skills and experience at different levels to build and enable an environment for entrepreneurship and MSME growth in Agriculture. It is in this regard that DUHAMIC-ADRI would like to recruit five (5) qualified Field Officers who will be based in one of the above-said districts. The Net salary for the Field Officer is 607,000 RWF.
Major responsibilities for the Field Officer:
- The Field officer will facilitate the implementation of project activities, events, and monitor activities and performance progress within the area according to the approved implementation work plan;
- Serve as the project liaison in the area and support the process of project beneficiaries’ identification and enrollment;
- Build capacities of youth agripreneurs to increase production and access to profitable markets;
- Reinforce the capacity of project beneficiaries to work in viable and functional Agri-value chain structure;
- Prepare quality reports and ensure timely submission to the Project Coordinator;
- Collaborate and work with Local Leaders, farmer promoters, and other relevant project stakeholders.
Interested candidates shall fulfill the following conditions, qualifications, and skills:
- Having a Bachelor’s degree in Agricultural economics, Agribusiness, Animal production, Rural development, and another related field;
- Having management skills with the ability to prioritization;
- Having a minimum experience of at least 3 years of working in youth empowerment, Agri-enterprise development, job creation, rural financing, farmer’s organization, and market linkages;
- Having strong and proven oral and written communication skills in English;
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft word, Advanced excel, and PowerPoint;
- Having a maximum age of 40 years old;
- Having a valid driving License (Class A);
- Be available and ready to start immediately with March 2023;
Female candidates fulfilling the required conditions and qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates will send their applications which include a motivational letter, detailed CV, copy of the degree(s) and relevant certificates, copy of Driving License, and Copy of ID to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday, February, 20th, 2023 at 5:00 pm.
Late applications will not be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for exams.
Done at Kigali, 13th February 2023