About The Digital Factory
The Bank of Kigali Digital Factory (BKDF) was launched in 2019 as the centre of facilitating the bank’s digital transformation journey. The Digital Factory is a well-established innovation department that aims to transform the way banking technology is delivered, by re-imagining and delivering a new digital customer experience. We are passionate about this digital transformation for our customers and their experience.
Do you want to help us redefine the way people bank? We’re looking for energetic innovators and leaders who are flexible, curious, versatile, responsive and are ready to roll up their sleeves in a collaborative and productive environment. By joining our team, you will make a positive impact on our customers and the banking industry.
About the Job
The DF aspires to be a center of excellence. To achieve this, the organization must excel at People. You will be responsible for producing and implementing functional software solutions, specifically to develop high-quality software that is aligned with user needs and business goals. You must be comfortable around both front-end and back-end coding languages, development frameworks and third-party libraries. You must also be a team player with a knack for visual design and utility. You will work directly with the Tech Lead and the DF team leads that are responsible for full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment.
- Excellent communicator with teamwork skills
- Keen on details
- Innovation oriented
- Able to work in a dynamic team and independently
- Knowledgeable of relevant financial services and IT legislation
- Knowledgeable of professional standards
- Working with development teams and product managers to ideate software solutions
- Designing client-side and server-side architecture
- Building the front-end of applications through appealing visual design
- Developing and managing well-functioning databases and applications
- Writing effective APIs
- Testing software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
- Troubleshooting, debugging and upgrading software
- Creating security and data protection settings
- Building features and applications with a mobile responsive design
- Writing technical documentation
- Working with data scientists and analysts to improve software
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, IT, or related degree
- 3 – 5 years proven experience as a Full Stack Developer or similar role
- Experience developing web, desktop, and mobile responsive applications
- Familiarity with common stacks
- Experience using system monitoring tools (e.g., Kibana and Elastic Search) and automated testing frameworks
- In-depth knowledge of relational databases (e.g., PostgreSQL, MySQL, MSSQL) and NoSQL databases (e.g., MongoDB)
- Working in an inclusive and collaborative environment that highlights creativity, encourages curiosity and celebrates success
- Tools and technology needed to create meaningful customer experiences
- We hire you for your skills – not for just a job; you can grow with us. You will not only be prepared for success in your role, but also for a successful career
- Flexible work culture that allows a healthy work / life balance
- Online and in person learning & development opportunities to enhance or learn new skills
- Work with and learn from / with a Rockstar DF team
To submit an application, send us an email with your CV, portfolio link(s), and/or cover letter to email@example.com. For ease of identification, use the following template for your email header.
“Application for [ROLE] Q4 2022, [FIRSTNAME] [LASTNAME]”
For example, if your name is Katya Niyambo and you apply for the role of Mobile Developer, your email header should read:
Application for Full Stack Developer Q4 2022, Katya Niyambo
Submissions will be considered through February 11th, 2023. Kindly share your application before then.