Head of Information Technology at Vision Fund Rwanda: (Deadline 24 April 2023)
April 8, 2023
‘’Make a difference to thousands in the land of a thousand hills’’
VisionFund Rwanda (VFR), is Rwanda’s largest microfinance Institution committed to the development of Rwanda through providing affordable financial services (savings and loans) to the less privileged throughout its 4zones in Rwanda. VFR is the institution where you can develop your expertise working with the best people worldwide in a dynamic, team focused high performance environment. If you are looking for interesting but challenging work where you can make a difference in the world, then VFR has the will to make it so. VFR needs to recruit experienced and qualified staff on following positions:
Head of Information Technology
Reporting to Chief Executive Officer
Work location: Head Office/Nyarutarama
The Head of Information Technology (IT) will provide vision and leadership for developing and implementing VFR IT strategy. In this role, (s)he will support VFR stakeholders to increase the organization’s overall technology maturity, including improvements in infrastructure, innovation in digital technology, cost effectiveness, managing a team of IT employees, increasing user satisfaction, and service quality throughout the VFR network.
The Head of Information Technology (IT) is responsible for all aspects of the organization’s information technology systems, including: selection, implementation, and support of enterprise IT applications; digital technology; stakeholder advising and communications; monitoring progress; managing security and risks; Budgets and Supplier Contracts; SLA’s. The role will be responsible for guiding staff and leadership with respect to information system and digital application needs and ensuring compliance with critical IT standards throughout VFR operations.
- Promote and fulfill the mission and vision of VFR. Provide strategic and tactical planning, development, evaluation, and coordination of the information and technology systems for VFR network.
- IT Strategy Development and Implementation
- Lead strategic planning for the IT Team and in collaboration with cross-departmental teams to achieve the organization’s goal.
- Implement the IT strategic plan and technology maturity framework across the VFR branches, including regular reporting of progress towards goals.
- Educate VFR leadership, staff, and partner leadership on the impact of new technologies and IT trends and their applicability to VFR requirements.
- Serve as a lead strategic advisor on banking technology and digital applications within a cross-departmental technology team.
- Design and implement strategic information technology plans and budgets for cost-effective procurement, utilization and maintenance of computer software and hardware
- IT Team Management
- Directly supervise the staff and activities of the IT team, investing in the personal and professional development of support staff.
- Promote and oversee strategic relationships between internal resources and external entities, including vendors and partner organizations.
- Manage IT team budgeting processes and advise leadership on technology related budget matters.
- Infrastructure and Network Management
- Lead ongoing development, management, and optimization of the digital infrastructure of the organization in compliance with key technology infrastructure standards and organizational needs.
- Directs the IT team in the efficient acquisition and maintenance of hardware, software, IT consulting resources, and maintenance contracts. This includes leadership for the IT team in implementation of device management protocols and software.
- Ensure maximum systems uptime through system performance monitoring practices and helpdesk support operations
- Information System, Application Development and Management
- Serve as a lead liaison between technical staff and business leadership to create technological solutions for operational goals and challenges.
- Lead and advise the acquisition, development and implementation of new IT systems and applications across the organization. This includes vendor and consultant management as related to IT applications and services, and delivery of those services to internal and external clients.
- Maintain and ensure continuous delivery of IT services and support through VFR helpdesk operations, system performance monitoring, and service level agreements with end users.
- Support the activities of the customer relationship management team through IT team staffing, vendor management, and technical guidance as needed.
IT Governance and Risk Management
Lead ongoing development, improvement, and implementation of IT governance policies and procedures in conjunction with Risk team, Management and Staff.
Direct delivery of strong cyber security operations throughout the network, including continuous improvement of security and disaster recovery planning and monitoring.
Perform internal control reviews, in coordination with Risk team and internal audit resources, to ensure the integrity of IT systems and operation
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Full commitment to VisionFund Rwanda‘Vision, mission, purpose, values, procedures and objectives.
- Strong understanding of all elements of IT architecture (e.g., Infrastructure, applications, data management, redundancy, and disaster recovery) and systems development life cycles, with hands -on expertise from initiation through implementation. Prior experience in software selection, implementation, integration, and testing is required.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science (or international equivalent)
- Experience of at least 5 years in a leadership position in commercial banking or a sound Microfinance company
- Experience with digital banking applications, Central Bank Electronic Dataware House and Core banking services.
- Skills in a governance process such as designing, implementing and reporting on processes, and key performance indicators at a Board level.
- High level of project management skills and customer focus, with a history of successful, on -time, on -budget technology deployment.
- Experience working in multi-cultural organizations
- Having Oracle Professional certifications (OCA, OCP) is an added value
- Acceptable knowledge to setup and maintains Firewall and Virtual Private Network
- Having Linux professional certifications is is an added value
- General understanding of the underlying operating systems especially Linux and Windows server 2016
- General understanding of storage technologies, memory management, disk arrays, SAN Storage and networking
- Cloud computing services i.e. AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google etc
- General understanding of routine maintenance, recovery, and oracle replication for business continuity
- Knowledge of system reports design and development using crystal reports
VisionFund Rwanda is willing to offer you a competitive salary, challenging work where you can make a difference in the world, develop your expertise by working with the best people worldwide in a dynamic, team focused and high performing environment
How to apply
All applicants must apply using our online application system, CVs received via email or standard post will not be considered.
If the aforementioned positions speak to you, carefully complete the pre-screen questionnaire and attach your Application letter together with detailed and updated CV via above mentioned Link by or before 24th April, 2023.
In case you face any challenges in applying, please let us know on: [email protected] (no applications will be accepted through this email).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.