Imara Fellowship for Young Kenyans 2023: (Deadline 20 October, 2023)
Are you a young Kenyan passionate about reshaping Kenya’s future? Do you believe in the power of youth to drive democracy, social cohesion, and sustainable development? If so, Imara Fellowship is your chance to step forward and lead the change. At the heart of Imara lies the aspiration to realize responsive governance by curating a community of young policy and civic leaders. We aim to be the change-makers, building a culture of democracy, accountability, and active citizenship across Kenya.
Imara Africa amplifies the voice of the youth in decision-making processes, builds their confidence and leadership skills and prepares them for active leadership roles in civic and public spaces within their respective communities
About Imara Africa
Imara Africa is a leadership development program collaboratively convened by Siasa Place, Africa Youth Leadership Forum (AYLF), Mark Appeal Group. The three entities are respectively a CSOs, (SP) focused on advocacy through education and capacity building, targeted program implementation, a leadership Trust (AYLF), working in the broader East Africa region with a focus on developing skills and values amongst young leaders and a Social Consultancy (MA), with a distinct model that designs high impact programs and leverages assets, talents, and in-kind services through strategic alliances and ….
- Category Fellowship
- Organisation Imara Africa
- Country to study –
- School to study–
- Course to studyNot specified
- Application Deadline 20 October, 2023
Aim and Benefits of Imara Fellowship
Why Join the Imara Fellowship?
- Skill Development: Undergo comprehensive training to gain practical skills in policy formulation, accountability, public finance, and community organizing.
- Community Engagement: Actively participate in on-ground initiatives in Meru, Kajiado and Nyamira counties, bridging the gap between communities and governance.
- Leadership Cafes: Engage with industry experts and community leaders to gather insights, share experiences, and expand your network.
- Innovation in Governance: Be at the forefront of leveraging digital platforms to inform, engage, and mobilize youth towards inclusive policies and good governance.
- Create a Legacy: Join a growing community of Imara alumni who are shaping Kenya’s future, one policy at a time.
Requirements for Imara Fellowship Qualification
To be considered for the Imara Fellowship Program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
• Be between 18 and 35 years of age
• Be a Kenyan National
• Demonstrate desire to serving in or influencing the public sector or service/public affairs
• Demonstrate commitment, and sustained involvement (For the entire Fellowship period (1 year) that impacts their community, county or country.
Interview date, Process and Venue for Imara Fellowship
The following criteria will be used to evaluate applications (not in order of importance):
- Proven leadership experience and achievements, especially involving youth and community initiatives.
- Demonstrated dedication to the public sector, community service, politics, volunteerism, or mentorship.
- Ability to collaborate efficiently in diverse teams and value diverse opinions.
- Excellent social and communication skills, including proficient writing.
- A proactive approach to challenges.
- A sustained commitment to community and national engagement.
The program encourages diversity and will not discriminate on the basis of gender, ethnic group, religion or disability.
October 20, 2023