Imyanya 9 y’akazi kubushoferi Category B muri NYAGATARE DISTRICT HEALTH (Deadline: 2023-09-13)
Imyanya 9 y’akazi kubushoferi Category B muri NYAGATARE DISTRICT HEALTH (Deadline: 2023-09-13).
I. Summary of Overall Role and Responsibilities
The driver is responsible of providing transportation related to the hospital operations.
II. Key Duties and Tasks
- Assist clients and patients as needed to safely complete the transfer.
- Carry out daily checks before starting up the vehicle (oil level; water level; pressure of the tires etc…)
- Complete a mechanical checklist prior to each shift to ensure ambulance is in working order and ready to transport patients to and from required locations, and report any mechanical issues
- Complete appropriate trip sheets as required by line manager to record officially each transport
- Effective communicates with dispatch regarding schedule progress and receive instructions.
- Ensure ambulance is clean and stocked properly with first aid and medical supplies prior to
- each shift and between patient transports throughout the day
- Ensure that there is availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance
- Ensure the road safety compliance
- Help patients onto ambulance gurney and load them into the ambulance, assisted by medical personnel
- Inform the logistics department of any major repairs to be carried out.
- Maintain a professional image and attitude in regards to clients, visitors and co‐workers.
- Maintain cleanness of the vehicles
- Provide reliable and secure driving services
- Report accident or other emergency facts
- Solve minor technical problems for vehicles
- Transporting patients and clients utilizing health facility vehicles in a safe and professional manner.
- Honesty, decisiveness and integrity
- Being objective in a matter
- The ability to solve problems
- Exceptional communication skills
- Discretion, diplomacy and tact
IV. Key Performance Indicators
- Annual assets management reports submitted to the health facility management
- Annual plan and budget for vehicle maintenance submitted
- Cleanness of the vehicles maintained
- Mechanical issues reported
- Monthly fuel consumption reports submitted to the direct supervisor
- Monthly fuel consumption requests submitted to the direct supervisor
- Reliable and secured driving services
- Technical problems solved
- Timely provision of stock inventory reports
- Trip sheets for vehicles including ambulances regularly completed
- Vehicle accidents/incidents reported within one hour to the direct supervisor Ensure patients and staff safety
Date and Signature:
Date & stamp:
- Driving License Category B with a minimum qualification of Ordinary Level (O Level), Advanced level (A2) is an added value.
Required Competencies and Key Technical Skills
- Knowledge of general mechanical skills;
- Diligent attention to safety skills;
- Vehicle maintenance skills;
- Writing and reading skills;
- Time management skills;
- Resource management skills;
- Problem solving skills;
- Risk management skills;
- Fluency in Kinyarwanda, English and/or French. Knowledge of all is an added advantage.