Driver at Save the Children (Deadline : 28-08-2023)
Driver at Save the Children (Deadline : 28-08-2023).
Advert – Drivers
About the Role:
Save the Children (SC) is the world’s largest independent child rights organization, underpinned by a vision of a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. Our mission to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
The Driver will be responsible to use a project vehicle in taking staff to the field activities as well as transporting and distributing project materials to beneficiaries. He/she will ensure that the project vehicle is well maintained and serves only the purpose of project implementation.
Qualifications and experience
- Hold driving license, at least category B.
- Hold at least secondary education certificate (A2 level).
- Have at least 5 years of driving experience or 2 years of driving experience in international/local NGO.
- Able to work long hours.
- Experience in driving in remote areas.
- Experience in interacting with community members and children.
- Have basic knowledge in car mechanical.
- Computer Literate (capable to use E-mails, MS Words and Excel).
- Have basic skills in communicating in English.
- Highly developed relationship building and interpersonal skills.
- Well organized and respects time.
- Ability to liaise with a diverse range of people, stakeholders and beneficiaries.
- Patient, adaptable, flexible, and remain responsive and communicate clearly and effectively
- Commitment to Save the Children’s mission and values.
- Initiative, flexibility and ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- High levels of self-motivation and initiative.
- Ownership and accountability of own work.
- High level of confidentially and integrity.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated.
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
This position is on Child Safeguarding- Level 3: The post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs. Or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
We are committed to ensuring a safe working environment for all those who work for us and for all those who come into contact with our staff and representatives, including children and members of the communities with whom we work.
SCI takes a zero tolerance approach to sexual harassment and any other conduct that is discriminatory or disrespectful to others.
Application Information: Click Here
Deadline for receiving applications is 28th August 2023.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
*Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. *
*Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process*
Click here for more details & Apply