IT Officer at SOS Children’s Villages Rwanda: (Deadline 18 August 2023)
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY OFFICER
Position Title: IT Officer
Vacant positions: 1 person
Type of contract: One-year renewable based on appraisal
Working location: National Office
Supervisor: IT Manager
Deadline: August 18, 2023
Context of the position:
SOS Children’s Villages Rwanda is an independent, non-governmental social development & child-focused organization. The Organization supports vulnerable children and young people in four locations of Kigali, Gicumbi, Kayonza and Nyamagabe. SOS CV Rwanda applies a one program approach in its Education, family strengthening, health and community development programs, that support a holistic approach in the interest of the child. SOS Children’s Villages Rwanda therefore seeks to recruit a highly skilled and motivated IT officer at the National Office.
Type of contract: One year renewable based on performance appraisal.
Mission of the Position:
The IT officer is responsible for users’ support, regular monitoring and maintenance of IT services across the respective program location. In cooperation with the National Office IT department, the IT officer implements SOS Children’s Villages goals, policies and standards in the program location. S/he ensures reliable IT services in terms of availability, security, business continuity and provides the appropriate timely service.
To ensure smooth operation of the SD-WAN (Software-defined Wide Area Network) devices connectivity, LANs, cloud and on-premise applications; provide technical IT support to end users in the organization and to ensure that the technical support service is delivered on time and with a good quality.
Key performance areas and main responsibilities:
- Provide principal support to onsite and remote end users; providing timely and quality responses to enquiries, issues and requests, ensuring a proper resolution and/or escalation.
- Participates in the development, implementation, and maintenance of policies, objectives, short- and long-range IT planning.
- Be the principal liaison for: general computer support; software installations; license management; networks; printers; audio/video conferencing and mobile phone support; deployment of equipment; management of inventories.
- Propose improvements to the Organization’s ICT systems to integrate requirements and provide cross functional support to other roles during absence of the ICT Manager and times of peak demand.
- In collaboration with the supervisor, reviews vendor contracts and coordinates IT purchases (hardware, software and services) to ensure effective deployment of solutions aligned with user needs.
- Harmonize all software applications used in the organizaton
- Stay current and up-to-date with latest IS/IT systems, industry developments and threats.
- Make sure the ICT equipment function properly, take measures to avoid downtime and monitor to keep things smoothly.
- Designing and developing some needed software or applications where necessaries.
- Actively monitor Cyber Security Defenses and perform maintenance and updates as required including reporting of exceptions and attacks to the network perimeter.
- Perform preventative maintenance duties on items of ICT hardware, including cleaning of equipment.
- Monitor and keep a log of all breakdowns and alterations to the network.
- Provides technical leadership on a variety of highly specialized project-related activities requiring expertise in specific technical areas for core information technology systems and services.
- Oversees and monitors staff ICT devices usage, to ensure compliance with SOS CV Child Protection policy and ICT usage policy;
- Graduate (AO) in computer science, IT, and other relevant field of study with minimum of 3 years of working experience;
- Aware of current web technologies and computer infrastructure
- Experience in prioritizing and sequencing both programmatic and operational activities;
- Problem-solving and decision-making in challenging environment
- Ability to communicate consistently, clearly and effectively with a range of stakeholders;
Please note: This job description outlines only the general scope of activity and the basic tasks and responsibilities associated with his/her position. It may be supplemented with a more detailed definition of tasks, responsibilities and work-plan and is subject to change at the discretion of the direct superior.
How to Apply:
The interested candidates in this position should send a detailed CV, application letter, other deemed required documents with three (3) traceable professional references to [email protected] and properly fill the application form found via this LINK no later than 18th August, 2023. at 5:00 pm Kigali time.
N.B: Please mention in the subject of your email, the position you are applying for.
Late applications will not be accepted. only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
“SOS Children’s Villages International holds strict child safeguarding principles and a zero-tolerance policy for conducts of sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse in the workplace and other places where the organization’s activities are rendered. Parallel to technical competence, recruitment, selection and hiring decisions will give due emphasize to assessing candidates value congruence and thorough background checks, police clearance reference check processes”.
Done at Kigali on August 10th, 2023.
Jean Bosco KWIZERA