RwandAir Ltd is the flag carrier airline of Rwanda. It operates domestic and international services to East Africa, Central Africa, West Africa, Southern Africa, Europe and the Middle East from its main base at Kigali International Airport. Our mission is to provide unsurpassed, safe, and reliable services in air transportation, including strategically linking Rwanda with the outside world while ensuring a fair return on investment. As part of the expansion strategy, we are looking for interested, qualified, and competent candidates to fill the following position:
- Job Title: IT Specialist Applications and Databases
- Reports to: Manager Technology Services
- Department: IT, Support Services
The role will be responsible for all the RwandAir Infrastructure items. This includes Servers, Storage, platforms/applications, databases, IT Support desk and all integrations between systems. In order to keep costs manageable, the planning and operations functions are within the same units. There will always be a need for expert advice, and such advice is best done by having a standing agreement with a suitable service provider who can provide expert guidance and resources to assist in execution.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Development of applications in respect of the standard software development lifecycle.
- Programming, coding, and debugging software applications and systems;
- Analysis of software, codes, and system requirements;
- Identify new computer technologies for possible incorporation;
- Develop, create, and modify existing computer applications/software using either C#, Java or PHP;
- Analyse Company needs and develop new software solutions;
- Analyse, design and administer databases;
- Administer SQL Server, Red hat Linux and Oracle database;
- Implement or maintain integration between different systems used by RwandAir.
- Ability to create scripts for task automation
- Design and document application and database architectures and data modelling
- Oversee application and database backups, clustering, mirroring, replication and failover.
- Ensure database documentation, data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary are well maintained for all Live databases
- Positive attitude towards user support.
- Quick understanding of the business process and constraints
- Ingenuity and creativity
- Ability to work autonomously
Desired Profile: Required education, Experience, and Abilities
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information systems, management information systems or the equivalent;
- Relevant database professional certifications in Oracle is a critical added value.
- At least 4+ years relevant experience in relational databases administration, especially in MSSQL & ORACLE;
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience generally required in IT systems support and data processing, preferably within a robust institution.
- Proven understanding of Data communication protocols, including; asynchronous, SNA and TCP/IP. Knowledge of test equipment such as data scopes, protocol analysis break-out boxes, sniffers
- Proven experience with managing Ms SQL Databases Servers 2008, 2012,2016 and 2019,
- Good experience with managing oracle databases and scripting languages but not limited to Python, Perl, Ruby, .Net etc
- Good technical knowledge of databases and query languages
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to explain to users how databases operate.
- Good Analytical skills
- Proficiency in software engineering tools
- Excellent Analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to work autonomously
- Logical approach to problem-solving
- Attention to details
How to apply:
- An application letter addressed to Director, Human Resources
- Recent Curriculum Vitae;
- Relevant certificates;
- A photocopy of the national identity card;
- One passport photo;
- Three referees
The deadline for submitting your applications is on February 17, 2023. Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.