RwandAir Ltd is the flag carrier airline of Rwanda. It operates domestic and international services to East Africa, Central Africa, West Africa, Southern Africa, Europe and the Middle East from its main base at Kigali International Airport. Our mission is to provide unsurpassed, safe, and reliable services in air transportation, including strategically linking Rwanda with the outside world while ensuring a fair return on investment. As part of the expansion strategy, we are looking for interested, qualified, and competent candidates to fill the following position:
- Job Title: IT Specialist Network Infrastructure
- Reports to: Manager Technology Services
- Department: IT, Support Services
The role will be responsible for all the RwandAir Infrastructure items. This includes Network connectivity (LAN/WAN), Servers, Storage, Telephony, Security appliances, platforms, Firewalls, Administration of the Airline System, IT Support desk etc. In order to keep costs manageable, the planning and operations functions are within the same units. There will always be a need for expert advice. Such advice is best done by having a standing agreement with a suitable service provider who can provide expert guidance and resources to assist execution.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Development of Infrastructure Systems and Services
- Configure, Monitor installation and integration of Hardware in the network, including Routers, Switches, Servers, Power Systems and cabling.
- Manage switching, Routing, Firewalls, WLANS, TCP/IP, VPNS, and VoIP.
- Implement best practices for protecting network security.
- Change the control management process over the network.
- Firmware and Vulnerability patching on network devices and Server OS and Applications.
- Maintain detailed and accurate documentation and physical and logical network diagrams and IP plans.
- Implement proper network resiliency for all critical infrastructure for critical operations.
- Log management on both systems and networks for health assessments.
- Manage and review access control audits to ensure proper authentication and authorisation are provided as required.
- Carry out an inventory of assets on both network devices and software used on the network
- Enforce backups for all devices running configuration files.
- Implementation of efficient monitoring tools
- Work closely with the IT Support team to boost RwandAir internet infrastructure
- Undertake the responsibility of managing servers and operating systems
- Lead the coordination, configuration and testing of network equipment firmware upgrades.
- Ensure understanding and compliance with technology policies, procedures and controls.
Desired Profile: Required education, Experience, and Abilities
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in computer science or any related field, a master’s degree in a relevant field is an added advantage.
- Possession of a Network and Cisco Certification
- A minimum of four (4) + years of experience in managing network infrastructures
- Experience with managing Ms Servers 2008, 2012,2016 and 2019.
- Experience with industry-standard network devices, e.g. Cisco, Juniper, Firewalls
- CCNA or CCNP and MCSE requirements.
- RHCE is an added advantage.
- Proven network engineering, network operations and network performance skills
- Must possess a proven ability to discuss network infrastructure strategy,
- Must have hands-on technical troubleshooting capabilities
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision
- Should have knowledge of computing infrastructure
- Critical thinking and problem-solving ability
- Familiarity with server management and monitoring tools
- Linux Operating System Administration
- Microsoft Windows system administration
- Applications Administration (Altea, Revera, Dynamics GP, Q pulse, Payroll, Alkym).
How to apply:
- An application letter addressed to Director, Human Resources
- Recent Curriculum Vitae;
- Relevant certificates;
- A photocopy of the national identity card;
- One passport photo;
- Three referees
The deadline for submitting your applications is on February 17, 2023. Please send your application to email@example.com
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.