IT Support Engineer
RwandAir Ltd is the flag carrier airline of Rwanda. It operates domestic and international services to East Africa, Central Africa, West Africa, Southern Africa, Europe and the Middle East from its main base at Kigali International Airport. Our mission is to provide unsurpassed, safe, and reliable services in air transportation, including strategically linking Rwanda with the outside world while ensuring a fair return on investment. As part of the expansion strategy, we are looking for interested, qualified, and competent candidates to fill the following position:
- Job Title: IT Support Engineer
- Reports to: Manager Technology Services
- Department: IT, Support Services
The role will be responsible for all the RwandAir Infrastructure items. This includes first-level support on Network connectivity (LAN/WAN), Servers, Storage, Telephony, Security appliances, platforms, Firewalls, Datacentres HVAC Systems, Data Center power systems, AD Support, On call support from all departments within the Airline. Availability 24/7 is pre-require for this role.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical assistance with computer hardware and software
- Resolve issues for staff via phone, in person, or electronically
- Perform hardware and software installations, configurations and updates as needed
- Resolve technical issues promptly using available resources within the company
- Develop user requirements and specifications for software and hardware.
- Provide ICT Technical expertise, feedback and guidance to users.
- Testing and Review of products and solutions.
- Record, analyses and resolve level1 user IT incidents and problems.
- Monitor and maintain the performance of IT services, ensuring adequate capacity and availability of services taking both proactive and reactive action when required.
- Installing and configuring client computer systems.
- Responding to client IT support requests promptly.
- Taking ownership of customer issues reported and seeing problems through to resolution
- Repairing hardware malfunctions, software issues, and networking problems.
Desired Profile: Required education, Experience, and Abilities
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, or any other relevant field.
- A minimum of at least 2+ years of working experience as an IT Support Engineer in a robust corporate institution
- An Ideal candidate should have a proven work experience as a technical support engineer.
- Knowledge of web services, API, and IP-based protocols.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Perl or Shell.
- Knowledge of computer hardware and networking systems.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft systems, Linux systems and database technologies
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills.
- Good time management skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
How to apply:
- An application letter addressed to Director, Human Resources
- Recent Curriculum Vitae;
- Relevant certificates;
- A photocopy of the national identity card;
- One passport photo;
- Three referees
The deadline for submitting your applications is on February 17, 2023. Please send your application to email@example.com
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.