Manchester City beat Arsenal to go top (Photos)


In Matchday 12 of the Premier League, Manchester City beat Arsenal 3-1, moving to the top of the table despite the two teams level on 51 points.

in front of their fans on Wednesday, February 15, Arsenal started the game well and passed well, but their efforts towards the goal were difficult.

In the first 20 minutes, Arsenal had 55% of the ball while Manchester City had 45%.

Oleksandr Zinchenko turned the ball in front of the goal and Edward Nketiah headed it, luckily it went just wide of the goal.

Manchester City immediately went up, Takahiro Tamiyasu returned the ball to his goalkeeper Aaron Ramsdale, Kevin De Bruyne passed it to him (he caught him), and opened the scoring in the 24th minute.

Arsenal then regained control of the ball, but their players like Nketiah and Bukayo Saka continued to score goals.

In the 41st minute, Nketiah was fouled in the penalty area, referee Anthony Taylor awarded a penalty which was well taken by Bukayo Saka.

The second half started with a seemingly calmer game, with the ball again being played in the middle. In the 58th minute, Erling Haaland picked up the ball and made a mistake with Gabriel Magalhaes in the penalty area, the referee gave a penalty.

Man city celebration

The penalty was later waived after VAR review found Haaaland in tears.

Arsenal once again made a great effort, on the ball Bukayo Saka passed in the middle of the field, Martin Ødegaard then gave it to Tamiyasu, who also turned it in front of the goalkeeper but the tall boy Nketiah did not touch it.

Manchester City then attacked again but made two strong attempts at the ball. Zinchenko misplayed Bernardo Silva’s pass to Haaland, but the latter fired a shot at goalkeeper Aaron Ramsdale.

The game continued to heat up and was also very fast paced with frequent mistakes by Arsenal’s defenders.

Manchester City capitalized on the mistake on the ball lost by Magalhães, Bernardo immediately connected Haaland and he immediately sent it to Iker Gündogan.

Gündogan also sent a powerful shot to Jack Grealish, Tamiyasu touched the goalkeeper Ramsdale and scored the second goal in the 71st minute.

The Manchester team continued to attack, Bernardo connected the ball to De Bruyne who turned it in front of the goalkeeper and Haaland beat the Arsenal boys and scored the third goal in the 82nd minute.

Arsenal continued to try to find a way to compensate through Leandro Trossard, who had already entered the field, but it failed.

The game ended with Manchester City beating Arsenal 3-1, immediately taking the first place with 51 points, but only 10 goals ahead of Arsenal. This London club has a game in hand.

Share This


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here