About The Digital Factory
The Bank of Kigali Digital Factory (BKDF) was launched in 2019 as the centre of facilitating the bank’s digital transformation journey. The Digital Factory is a well-established innovation department that aims to transform the way banking technology is delivered, by re-imagining and delivering a new digital customer experience. We are passionate about this digital transformation for our customers and their experience.
Do you want to help us redefine the way people bank? We’re looking for energetic innovators and leaders who are flexible, curious, versatile, responsive and are ready to roll up their sleeves in a collaborative and productive environment. By joining our team, you will make a positive impact on our customers and the banking industry.
About the Job
The DF aspires to be a centre of excellence. To achieve this, the organisation must excel at People. The Product Owner is responsible for ensuring that all the technical aspects of the product and its features meet user requirements. You must be an excellent communicator who is able to collaborate at all levels of the business. You will be responsible for identifying, collecting and analysing various data points and use reason to solve complex problems, making decisions based on logical conclusions. You must have an understanding of the product development process, software development cycle , IT infrastructure and agile way of working.
- Excellent communicator with teamwork skills
- Analytical and curious about data
- Able to solve complex problems
- Keen on details
- Innovation oriented
- Collaborative across different teams in the business
- Able to lead and work in a dynamic team
- Knowledgeable of relevant financial services and IT legislation
- Knowledgeable of professional standards
- Ensuring the technical teams understand the technical aspects and requirements
- Define the product strategy and road map
- Deliver Market Requirement Documents and Product Requirement Documents with prioritized features and corresponding justification
- Be an expert with respect to the competition; researching the market and customers’ need extensively
- End-to-end design of products that digitise previously manual processes, and new innovative products that take advantage of technology’s benefits
- Enable Bank of Kigali’s strategy by collecting ideas and implementing digital solutions, in collaboration with Developers, Designers and other stakeholders
- Involved in a cross-functional team to own and co-create user-centric digital products to deliver business impact.
- Represents the voice of the customer with respect to digital product features.
- Owns the creation and prioritisation of the digital product backlog for specific digital products.
- Shapes and owns the digital product road-map and vision.
- Work with operation department to design recovery strategies.
- Works within a cross-functional team to clarify requirements and delivery expectations with business stakeholders.
- Help teams rapidly deliver digital products that add value
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, IT, or related degree
- 3 – 5 years proven experience as a Full Stack Developer or similar role
- Experience developing web, desktop, and mobile responsive applications
- Familiarity with common stacks
- Experience using system monitoring tools (e.g., Kibana and Elastic Search) and automated testing frameworks
- In-depth knowledge of relational databases (e.g., PostgreSQL, MySQL, MSSQL) and NoSQL databases (e.g., MongoDB)
- Working in an inclusive and collaborative environment that highlights creativity, encourages curiosity and celebrates success
- Tools and technology needed to create meaningful customer experiences
- We hire you for your skills – not for just a job; you can grow with us. You will not only be prepared for success in your role, but also for a successful career
- Flexible work culture that allows a healthy work / life balance
- Online and in person learning & development opportunities to enhance or learn new skills
- Work with and learn from / with a Rockstar DF team
To submit an application, send us an email with your CV, portfolio link(s), and/or cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. For ease of identification, use the following template for your email header.
“Application for [ROLE] Q4 2022, [FIRSTNAME] [LASTNAME]”
For example, if your name is Katya Niyambo and you apply for the role of Mobile Developer, your email header should read:
Application for Full Stack Developer Q4 2022, Katya Niyambo
Submissions will be considered through February 11th, 2023. Kindly share your application before then.