Program Manager at Jhpiego: (Deadline 12 March 2023)
Job opportunity: Program Manager
Jhpiego enhances the health and saves the lives of women and families in limited-resource settings. For nearly four decades, we have put evidence-based health innovations into everyday practice to overcome barriers to high-quality health care services for the world’s most vulnerable populations. From our origins as technical experts in reproductive, maternal and child health, Jhpiego has grown to embrace new challenges, including HIV/AIDS, malaria and cervical cancer prevention – reflecting the increasing interconnectedness of global health.
At Jhpiego, we value our customers who have our respect, responsiveness, and commitment to excellence; our staff and global network of colleagues who bring cultural diversity, innovation, and a wealth of world experience; and our work culture, which is reflected in our team spirit, transparent communication, mutual respect, flexibility, and dedication.
- Reporting Structure:
Position Title: Program Manager (PM)
Position Reports to:Country Director
Position Supervised:Program Officer
Location : Jhpiego Rwanda Country Office, Kigali, with frequent field visits
Duration: Full time position for a period of one-year
Availability: Immediately upon recruitment
Summary Scope of Work:
Jhpiego Rwanda is seeking a Program Manager who will work as part of the Jhpiego Rwanda Senior Management Team to continuously review and monitor the full portfolio of projects under the Rwanda Country Office, including COVID-19, maternal, new born child health, and malaria among other programs. The Program Manager will ensure that project activities are planned effectively and implemented in accordance with agreed upon work plans and budgets. They will work closely with the Project Leads to develop innovative strategies to incorporate in annual work plans and detailed implementation activity plans with a focus on developing project plans that are evidence based and in line with technical approaches, best practices, and available resources.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Operational, Program Leadership
- Work with project leads to develop sub-grantee contracts and implementation plans from start-up through close out and ensure that sub-grantees deliver and meet project milestones and achievements in accordance with their scope of work.
- Collaborate with the MER team to prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports as required by the donor or for internal planning purposes.
- Work closely with the Project Leads, Finance & Admin staff, and HR team to ensure compliance with financial, HR and administrative procedures, and ensure efficient use of resources.
- Coordinate detailed implementation plans, procurement forecasting, and logistics planning to ensure all required resources are in place for effective and timely projects implementation.
- Work with project leads to identify lessons learnt and share best practices in program management
- Ensure that Jhpiego project management approaches and tools are utilized in the management of projects.
- Ensure weekly tracking of performance and facilitate project team utilization of data to guide program interventions.
- Ensure that project activities are executed successfully, completed within given time frames and project scopes are achieved with the highest quality outcomes.
- Ensure timely and high-quality program reports and deliverables for review and thereafter onward submission to Jhpiego and the donor as stipulated.
- Ensure appropriate monitoring of project budgets to achieve financial, administrative, and programmatic goals.
- Assume other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Communication and Knowledge Management
- Ensure documentation and dissemination of best practices and innovative program approaches in the program, and support the project leads to keep inventories of all technical documents including standard operating procedures;
- Maintain effective internal communications to ensure that all relevant departments functions are kept informed of strategies;
- Contribute to abstracts, presentations, manuscripts, and success stories, and collaborate with the communications specialist to develop stories for internal/ external use, and work with the communications specialist to deliver on the project’s communication plan, and ensure consistent utilization of the organization’s brand.
New Program Development
- Identify strategic opportunities and potential areas for expansion of existing projects in Jhpiego portfolios and make recommendations to pursue these opportunities;
- Facilitate the development of innovative project approaches and interventions;
- Support the development/review of strategies, including direction for achieving program goals as well as management effectiveness.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced degree or equivalent experience in public health, sociology, or related health, or social science discipline; Masters-level degree preferred.
- Demonstrated ability working and collaborating with the Government of Rwanda, USAID, and CDC funded projects as well as other international health partner organizations.
- Demonstrated ability in supporting research development and protocol writing.
- 5+ years’ experience in management, operational and technical expertise with a preference for global health and public health program implementation.
- Familiarity with Rwanda’s health systems and reporting structure and demonstrated ability to collaborate with government level officials to strengthen program implementation.
- Demonstrated ability in working and collaborating with a wide range of local and international partner organizations.
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining donor relations.
- Excellent skills in facilitation, team building and coordination.
- Excellent English writing and communications skills, including demonstrated technical writing skills for publication
- Ability to work effectively with diverse international teams and willingness to learn and empower others.
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
- References required.
IMPORTANT – HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified candidates should apply online http://jrims.org/Job_Application/
and upload the following documents in PDF format with your name and subject line “Program Manager”:
- Application letter
- Updated CV
- Academic Degrees and certificates
- Three Professional referees are required with their full contacts.
Address the complete application files to the Country Director. The closing date for the vacancy is Sunday, March 12th, 2023 at 5 pm. For further information on Jhpiego, please go to http://www.jhpiego.org
Only online applications through the link shall be considered and failure to follow the outlined procedure might result in the application being disqualified.
If you don’t hear from us within three weeks from the submission deadline, consider your application unsuccessful.
Jhpiego is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate in employment because of age, religion, tribe, race, color, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, military status, marital status, family responsibility, station of life, political opinion, health (includes HIV/AIDS, pregnancy), socioeconomic status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. Employment and promotion for any position are based on an individual’s qualifications and merit. Jhpiego does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, orientation or any other fees).