About MTN Rwanda
MTN Rwanda is focused on attracting, recruiting, developing, and retaining professionals that contribute meaningfully to the achievement of our mission of making our customers’ lives a whole lot BRIGHTER. We are an equal employment employer with a strong culture that is forward-looking and encourages creative thinking and innovation while remaining at the forefront of the latest technology and trends. MTN Rwanda is therefore Internally and Externally recruiting a highly competent and self-motivated individual for the Position below in IT Department
- Ensuring that all Quality Assurance and Deployment Section is performing optimally at the most efficiency.
- Ensure customer and end-user experience objectives are being met.
- Develop company Quality Assurance policies and procedures; gain sign-off on these from CIO; train employees in implementing all QA Standards; ensure all employees are following guidelines for QA follow-up procedures.
- Making sure that there is no revenue leakage by doing regular checks and tests on services/systems given.
- Ensure alignment of the core with future business and technology changes and align vendor roadmaps.
Track the performance of all Vendors and different sub-sections.
- Develops an understanding of the Business requirements for the features being tested, including how the users adopt these features and their respective performance requirements.
- Tests products and services to establish functionality and effectiveness according to the company policies.
- Determine what modifications are needed after testing.
- Analyse test results and propose recommendations.
- Develops and plans change implementation.
- Documents results and observations after inspections and audits.
- Create performance metrics for IT and Vendor team members that align with customer-facing SLAs and objectives.
- Routinely report operational performance, status, risks, and growth opportunities and timely escalate impactful issues and resolutions.
- Ensure that appropriate Policies and Procedures are in place in order to provide IT delivery excellence and notably:
- IT systems availability management
- IT problems management
- IT systems Change, Capacity, and configuration management.
- IT BCPs and DRPs
IT Vendors and Partners Management
- Provide necessary support to the Supply Chain team in order to ensure that IT supplier agreements are in place and all systems are always covered by adequate supporting agreements with SLA and appropriate KPIs.
- Ensure that suppliers of equipment are providing services to MTN as per the agreed SLA and then MTN is getting the maximum out of its agreements.
IT GOVERNANCE – IT Policies, Procedures, Process
- To develop and maintain the IT governance framework through alignment to IT and Telecommunication Industries’ standards.
- Ensure all processes and policies are regularly updated.
- Develop controls for the organisational strategy.
- Designing and testing process upgrades and new process systems.
- Ensuring processes comply with safety and quality standards.
- Assist in the definition of the unit’s strategy, plans, policies, processes, procedures, projects and service levels.
- Keep abreast of global and local best practice as it relates to the unit’s activities.
- Engineering degree in IT or telecom.
- Quality assurance certification preferred.
- 4 years of extensive experience in technology governance
- Minimum 3 years experience in a managerial position within the Telecom Industry
How to apply
All interested candidates are requested to send their application letters and updated curriculum vitae together with copies of their academic credentials no later than 10th Feb 2023 through the job’s platform on: jobs2.RW@mtn.com.