Republic of Korea – Government of Rwanda scholarships 2023: (Deadline 7 February 2023)
The Higher Education Council (HEC) wishes to inform the general public that through the Bilateral Cooperation between the Republic of Korea and the Government of Rwanda, the Korea International Cooperation Agency (KOICA) has offered scholarship programs for the 2023 KOICA Scholarships Program. Interested candidates should submit of the following documents:
* HEC documents and KOICA documents should be submitted online via HECMIS. *
University documents should be submitted separately in different sealed envelopes. * Only pre-selected candidates will be contacted to submit the original university documents to KOICA Rwanda Office.
* Please check the available and more submission guidelines on the on KOICA CIAT Website (https://www.koica.go.kr/sites/ciat/index.do). KOICA will hold the 2023 Scholarship Program Online Briefing Session on 20 January 3:30 PM.
Please refer to the official SNS below to access the meeting link:
* Instagram: koica rwanda * Facebook: KOICA Rwanda Office * Twitter : @KOICA_Rwanda
Please note: Prospective applicants must meet all of the following conditions:
1. Citizenship: Be a citizen of Rwanda
2. Government Nomination: Be a government employee with a minimum of 2 years of experience in the field of study and officially nominated by the Government of Rwanda
3. Age: (Preferably) be under age 40 as of February 1, 2023.
4. Health: Be in good health, both physically and mentally. Those with disabilities, but in good mental and physical health, are eligible to apply. Those with severe illness are NOT ELIGIBLE to apply.
5. Level of Education: Have completed a Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent to College/University level.
6. English Proficiency: Have a good command of both spoken and written English in order to take classes conducted entirely in English and to be able to write academic reports and theses in English.
7. Not be a person who has withdrawn from KOICA’s scholarship program. A person belonging to the institution in which candidates submitted false documents and returned to their countries arbitrarily in the middle of SP program cannot apply.
8. Have not participated in KOICA scholarship program or any of the Korean Government’s Scholarship Programs before.
This offer covers all costs of study including Airfare of one round-trip, tuition fees, fees for extracurricular activities, monthly allowance, accommodation, settlement allowance, scholarship completion grants, and insurance.
Any other extra expenses that are associated, or which may arise in due course will be covered personally by the candidate. Applications are submitted online through HECMIS using the link: https://mis.hec.gov.rw/system-login.
The nominated candidates will be requested to fill out the KOICA documents and University documents and submit them to KOICA Office in a sealed envelope.
Application deadline: 07/02/2023.
How can one be recommended by the government, doesn’t this require students who were top performers at the country level?