Rural Development Project Officer at Christian Action for Reconciliation and Social Assistance (CARSA): (Deadline 15 June 2023)
Christian Action for Reconciliation and Social Assistance (CARSA) is a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting reconciliation, community development, and empowerment in Rwanda. Founded in 2002, CARSA has made significant contributions to the restoration and development of the nation, especially in the aftermath of the 1994 genocide Organization against the Tutsi.
CARSA’s programs include Trauma Healing and Reconciliation, Community Development, Ubwungo Peace and Reconciliation Center, and Youth Empowerment. Through these programs, CARSA works with genocide survivors and their direct offenders, accompanying them on their journey of forgiveness, reconciliation, and holistic development. CARSA works with youths in schools and communities through the Youth Club for Peace.
We are currently seeking a talented and motivated Monitoring and Evaluation Officer to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing M&E strategies to promote CARSA’s impact and change.
Job Title: Rural Development Project Officer
Reports To: Head of Trauma Healing and Reconciliation Department
The Rural development Project officer will be responsible for planning, implementing, and monitoring all projects related to Reconciliation Cell Groups (RCGs), including the Cow for Peace project and other projects that empowers RCGs. The ideal candidate will have experience in project management and implementation, working with small groups, trauma healing, and conflict management. They will work closely with other departments within CARSA to ensure collaboration and synergy in project implementation. The Rural development Project officer will also be responsible for ensuring the proper financial management of project resources and coordinating logistics for all Empower Booster
workshops and events.
- Plan, implement and monitor all Empower-related projects such as Empower Workshop, RCGs, and Cow for Peace in line with CARSA’s mission and vision.
- Develop and manage project budgets, work plans, and timelines.
- Coordinate with other departments within CARSA to ensure collaboration and synergy in project implementation.
- Ensure the implementation of monitoring and evaluation frameworks to track the progress of projects.
- Ensure proper financial management of project resources.
- Prepare project reports, success stories
- Bachelor in Community development studies, Rural development, social sciences or any related field.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in project implementation, trauma healing and reconciliation, working with small groups, and conflict management.
- Strong understanding of the socio-political context of Rwanda and the Great Lakes region. • Demonstrated experience in project reporting.
- Fluency in English and Kinyarwanda; French is an added advantage. • Motorbike Driving License. (Category A)
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent project management and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances and requirements.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of project management tools and software is an added advantage. • Passionate about CARSA’s mission and values
N.B: To apply, please submit your CV with a portfolio of Rural Development Projects, and Cover letter to [email protected] , CC:[email protected] not later than 15th June 2023. Note that the closing might happen before the deadline depending on the Volume of applicants therefore submit as earlier as possible.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for assessment
Attachment: CARSA Rural Development Project Officer