MTN Rwanda is focused on attracting, recruiting, developing, and retaining professionals that contribute meaningfully to the achievement of our mission of making our customers’ lives a whole lot BRIGHTER. We are an equal employment employer with a strong culture that is forward-looking and encourages creative thinking and innovation while remaining at the forefront of the latest technology and trends. MTN Rwanda is therefore Internally and Externally recruiting a highly competent and self-motivated individual for the Position below in Network Department
- Network operations and maintenance in Rusizi and Nyamasheke region as per the site’s allocation.
- 2G/3G/4G Sites configurations including baseband and microwave links commissioning and activation.
- Comprehensive network preventive maintenance schedule, its execution vs other network O&M and reports.
- Radios and microwave faults management and handling.
- Coordinate and collaborate with other technical teams regarding planned and unplanned O&M activities, changes, and updates to network and associated configuration documentation.
- To keep a clean network by tracking and attending the alarms related to radios, microwave and fiber backbone.
- Fiber backbone patrolling and support to identify the cuts whenever they happen in the covered area.
- Root causes analysis and prevention measures for network faults raised on sites with consistent feedback to NOC.
- Propose to the line manager the required changes in his region to correct or prevent against the fault in the network, log the change into the changes management system, implement it and share the feedback.
- Provide the daily/weekly and monthly reports to his/her line manager.
- To perform any network Operations and maintenance in his area upon requested by the line manager.
- Closely monitors and directs the work being performed by contractors, establishes tools and procedures to monitor their performance.
- Closely work with Optimization team to clear all faults related to network KPIs such as DCH frameTooLate, Sleeping cells, CSSR, etc.…
- To be able to interpret the poor sites performance for quick troubleshooting and fixing.
- Coordinate with Tower cos such IHS, and TRES to maintain the network availability at the high level.
- Communicate effectively with Clients and third-party/vendors and actively participate in meeting reviews to provide technical feedback of field operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electrical and Electronic Engineering, or another computer/Telecommunication-related field
- 3+ Years’ experience in Network Field Operations and Maintenance
- Tower rigging skills with a valid certificate is mandatory.
- Ready to be deployed to Rusizi region.
- Driving Licence, Category B.
- Self-motivated and disciplined.
- Strong knowledge on baseband, mini link 6k and routers: configuration and troubleshooting
How to apply
All interested candidates are requested to send their application letters and updated curriculum vitae together with copies of their academic credentials no later than 10th Feb 2023 through the job’s platform on: jobs2.RW@mtn.com.
We strongly encourage applications from women and/or individuals with disabilities.
Note: Only qualified applicants will be contacted within 14 daysof their submission.
MTN Rwanda PLC is an equal-opportunity employer.