Senior Executive Assistant at International Organization for Migration (IOM): (Deadline 14 March 2023)
Open to Internal and External Candidates Only
|Position Title||:||Senior Executive Assistant|
|Duty Station||:||IOM Kigali , Rwanda|
|Classification||:||General Service Staff, Grade G6 (UN salary Scale for GS staff)|
|Type of Appointment||:||One Year fixed term, Twelve (12) months with possibility of extension|
|Estimated Start Date||:||As soon as possible|
|Closing Date||:||14th March 2023|
|Reference Code||:||VN2023/04 – RW|
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
|IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.|
Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Mission, and in close collaboration with relevant units, UN Agencies, Embassies, and the Government of Rwanda, the Executive Assistant/ Government Liaison will be responsible for providing government support services to the mission, and for providing administrative support to the office of the Chief of Mission :
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Manage and monitor a large and diversified volume of complex correspondence and documentation, often of confidential and sensitive nature; ensure appropriate routing, reply, prioritization, accuracy, consistency, informal translations and timelines;
- Manage the COM’s travel arrangements in coordination with relevant units; including flight booking, hotel booking, expense claims and following up to ensure, necessary visas, security clearances and inoculations are obtained;
- Coordinate all internal staff meetings by making monthly/weekly schedules as necessary, sending out notices and follow up to ensure participation of the relevant staff. Assist in following up action points discussed at the meetings. Organize for the meetings and take notes/minutes when required;
- Maintain updated database of profiles of UN agencies, high-level partners, and donors, with their detailed address including email and telephone lists;
- Review and comment on correspondences and documents before the submission for CoM’s signature and make follow-up when required;
- Process sensitive data and handle all correspondence and dictation with uncompromised integrity and confidentiality;
- Coordinate the logistic arrangements of meeting with high level officials including all preparation, delivery and follow-up activities with internal and external partners and participants;
- Arrangement of Visas, Permits, and Diplomatic Administrative Matters :
a) Diplomatic and Official Visas
b) Diplomatic and Official ID Cards
c) Diplomatic Airport Pass;
9. Plan and organize Kigali hospitality events such as working lunches, cocktails, and dinners
organized by the CoM;
10. Support with informal translations of letters, documents, articles, etc.;
11. Act as the missions Focal Point in relevant UN working groups.
12. Review systems and processes under area of responsibility to ensure that they meet the needs; formulate proposals for improvements.
13. Perform other duties as required.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- High School certificate/diploma from an accredited academic with six (6) years of relevant professional experience or,
- Bachelor’s degree in in Finance or Business Administration, Social Sciences or related fields with 4 years of relevant professional experience.
- Maintains confidentiality and discretion in appropriate areas of work;
- Good administrative skills and knowledge;
- Accuracy in filing, reporting and data/information management;
- Ability to read between lines (keen eye for details), understand and apply written instructions and guidelines; interpret instructions and resolve work;
- Experience in working with IOM is an asset;
- Experience in working with the Government of Rwanda is an asset;
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment;
- Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision..
- Fluency in English and Kinyarwanda (oral and written).
- Working knowledge of French and Swahili is an advantage.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Teamwork: Fosters a sense of team spirit by developing a shared understanding, accountability and enthusiasm for the team’s work.
- Delivering results: Anticipates constraints, identifies solutions and takes responsibility for addressing critical situations.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: Encourages knowledge-sharing across units/departments and ensures that knowledge is captured, recorded and disseminated appropriately.
- Accountability: Plans and organizes work with a clear and deliberate focus, ensuring commitments are easily identified and progress is widely communicated.
- Communication: Seeks to share information with others, with due respect for diversity and the confidentiality of specific sensitive information.
- Leadership: Provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision. Assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust: Creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking & vision: Works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications to email@example.com by 14th March 2023 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
The subject of your e-mail MUST indicate the reference code, the Position title as well as candidate’s names
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM will only accept applications which should include a CV and an application letter (not more than one page)
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 01st March 2023 to 14th March 2023