We are hiring!
Unguka bank is a microfinance institution incorporated in the republic of Rwanda on 30th-January 2005. We offer financial services in different sectors, Trade, Transport, Construction, SME, Agriculture etc. In Unguka Bank, the customer is the King and quality service is his right. Our employees are responsive and dearly uphold the Bank’s values of Trust, Accountability, Professionalism, Integrity and Teamwork as the drivers towards efficient service delivery
We are looking for a senior legal officer to work with our team and deliver on our vision.
As a senior legal officer, you handle these tasks:
- Provide legal advice to the branch managers and to staff under their supervision in accordance with laws, regulations and bank’s policies to ensure consistent and quality services are delivered under deadlines.
- Draft loan agreement, check loan files before disbursement and ensure that they are following all legal requirements.
- Review and draft contracts or any other documentation where the bank has committed itself and assess legal implications that need to be brought to the bank’s attention.
- Prepare, review, and modify contractual instruments to assist and support various business activities.
- Building understanding of legal issues, risks and obligations through advice, communications, and training, and disseminate appropriate legal requirements to staff.
- Liaise with business departments to ensure that where legal risks have been identified, appropriate courses of action have been taken.
- Review progress of outstanding litigation and liaise with and manage external lawyers.
- Curry out any other activity as instructed by his supervisor.
We are looking for a candidate with these qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree of law
- 2 years of experience in a private or public position
- Communication skills
- Diploma in Legal practice is added advantage.
If you’re interested in applying for this position submit your CV, academic credentials, and cover letter at firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications is 10th March 2023 at 5pm Rwanda time. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
Kigali, 1st March 2023
Head, HR & Administration