THE 5 Job positions of Junior Operations Assistant Team leader (Field Support) at International Organization for Migration (IOM) | Kigali : Deadline: 27-12-2022.
Open to Internal and External Candidates
|Position Title||:||Junior Operations Assistant Team leader (Field Support)|
|Organization Unit||: Operations|
|Duty Station||:||Kigali, Rwanda|
|Classification||: General Service Staff, Grade G2 (UN salary Scale for|
|Type of Appointment||: One year Fixed-term, with possibility of extension|
|Estimated Start Date||: As soon as possible|
|Reference Code||:||VN 2022/26 -RW|
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM) general supervision of the Movement Operations Manager and the direct supervision of the Senior Operations Assistant the Junior Operations Assistant (Field Support) is responsible for providing basic support to movement operations activities in the field, with the following duties and responsibilities:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Support Operations Assistants and supervisors as they assist individuals arriving to transit centers or third-party facilities with sign-in, verification of identity, orientation, food items, non-food items and room assignments, and support the coordination of departures for medical appointments, return transportation to home cities or camps or onward travel. Provide support as needed in relation to supplies, information dissemination and activity and appointment coordination.
- Support Operations Assistants and supervisors with pre-departure formalities by undertaking such tasks as assisting with roll-call, handling, tagging and sorting luggage and distributing items.
- Support Operations Assistants as they escort individuals via ground transportation, including assisting with baggage, talking with ground transportation providers and accompanying groups on transportation.
- Provide regular feedback on work being accomplished to the Operations Assistant (Team Leader) and/or supervisors and team members and keep supervisors immediately informed of any issues requiring their attention.
- Demonstrate a general understanding of relevant Movement Operations SOPs, as well as the ability to remain professional, impartial and unbiased during all interactions with migrants and colleagues per the IOM Code of Conduct and instruction on the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA).
- Maintain and ensure the confidentiality and integrity of all relevant paperwork in line with standards of conduct and data protection rules. Alert the Operations Assistant (Team Leader) or management of any non-compliance to SOPs or codes of conduct by IOM staff members or partners.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Two years of working experience with secondary [high school] education.
- Relevant working experience with Bachelor’s degree.
- Prior Movement Operations or transportation experience is a strong advantage.
- Basic knowledge of Word, Excel and the internet. Solid communication skills.
- Availability to work for extended periods of up to 12 hours and during overnight periods and weekends
Fluency in English. French, Kinyarwanda and Swahili is an added advantage.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Accountability – Meets deadline, cost, and quality requirements for outputs
- Client Orientation – Identifies and monitors changes in the needs of clients, including donors, governments, and project beneficiaries;
- Continuous Learning – Keeps abreast of developments in own professional area
- Communication – Clearly communicates, and listens to feedback on, changing priorities and procedures;
- Creativity and Initiative – Proactively develops new ways to resolve problems
- Leadership and Negotiation – Presents goals as shared interests;
- Planning and Organizing – Sets clear and achievable goals consistent with agreed priorities for self and others;
- Professionalism – Masters subject matter related to responsibilities;
- Teamwork – Actively contributes to an effective, collegial, and agreeable team environment;
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications to email@example.com by at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
The subject of your e-mail MUST indicate the reference code, the Position title as well as candidate’s names
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM will only accept applications which should include a completed CV and an application letter (not more than one page)
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 14.12.2022 to 27.12.2022