THE Program Officer, MEAL at Oxfam International – Rwanda: (Deadline 9 December 2022)
This vacancy is open to Rwanda Nationals only
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
We are looking for a Programme Officer monitoring, evaluation, accountability, and learning (MEAL) who will be responsible to establish, support and advice on the implementation of integral monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning system for the project implemented by Oxfam and partners with the aim to improve the quality, impact and influence of the program and to ensure appropriate levels of accountability. The position holder will also be responsible for contributions in project decision making, accountability, learning, capacity building, research, knowledge generation and development of the project.
What we are looking for
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & COMPETENCIES:
- Mutual accountability
- Relationship building
- Understanding of a broad range of programme quality issues and the practical issues faced by programme in demonstrating impact.
- Excellent knowledge of programme development and delivery approaches, tools, methodologies and best practices.
- Experience of working with multi-donor contracts and knowledge/ experience of their programme quality requirements.
- Proven experience of improving effectiveness of development programmes and demonstrating tangible outcomes for poor and vulnerable women and men.
- Strong understanding of all aspects of programme quality and the practical issues faced by project managers.
- Proven experience in supporting partnership management, strategic thinking and quality implementation.
- Understanding of, and commitment to Oxfam’s ‘one programme approach’ (linking resilience, development & influencing work).
- Demonstrable understanding of effective programme cycle management in rights-based long-term development, campaigning/advocacy work, with relevant direct field programme experience.
- Practical experience of mainstreaming gender in programme quality components related to development and influencing work.
- Demonstrable ability to think creatively and practically to improve programme quality.
- Strategic thinking and planning skills.
- Ability to evaluate and judge complex issues and identify critical issues to ensure an effective focus.
- Good understanding of, and commitment to, gender equity (particularly around poor women’s rights)
This role will give you an opportunity to make a difference in Rwanda Legacy Projects, to act as key contributor to Oxfam GB within the ever changing context and to work with a group of passionate people that are specialists in their fields, training and development, offers fair pay and competitive benefits package.
We believe flexible working is key to building the Oxfam of the future, so we’re open to talking through the type of flexible arrangements which might work for you.
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom Oxfam GB engages. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks. Oxfam GB also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
As part of your online application, please upload your up to date CV and a covering letter explaining your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile, by clicking “Apply” button below not later than 9th December 2022.